Need good thoughts

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Watching Chapel interact with "Sissy" just gave me massive goosebumps. She was ever so tenderly stroking her baby with her tongue. NNNAAAWWW!!! So "Sissy" was 'line-bred' then, right? Is that the correct term for breeding siblings? I believe that's what it's called in the dog world.

Chapel is the sweetest mom- was last year too. She loves her kids with a fierceness but trusts us humans not to hurt either her or baby which is a fine line. Some mares get so protective they get nasty.

Actually sissy isn't inbred at all. Maybe a common ancestor in the 4th gen but nothing close because chapels breeding is really hard to come by. Inbreeding is only beneficial in the 3x4 gen- anything closer creates major problems. They were closely inbreeding for a while but now lo and behold they've found it wasn't good.
Brother Derek is just her daddy's registered name.
Thoroughbreds have awful names sometimes because there are so many and the jockey club doesn't allow duplicates.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Forgive me...but ROFLMAO....wait, let me clean up my monitor first....

I swear, I thought "Brother" Derek was Chapel's true brother. Never even dawned on me the Sire's name is "Brother Derek". :eek: And then when you mentioned possibly naming the filly “Sissy”, .... HAHAHAHAHAH!!

What a misunderstanding on my part!! :32:

Last edited:
OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Oh boy. It's ok we will chalk it up to you not knowing about horses. :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh, but I doooo....just nothing about thoroughbreds/racing horses. :eek:

This is me (and my Blues)...many, MANY years ago

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Oh I am not sure how I missed this! How cool Wendy!!
He looks like a saddlebred or some sort of possibly gaited breed... Can't tell!

I took some pics of the kiddos last night...

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
For some reason the filly always has her tail up. Vet says she uses it as her rudder.... I'm not amused...:20:

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird

Both babies are so active it's crazy.
Joshua runs and bucks outside but sis goes airborne in the stall as she's still not allowed out yet. Her legs are almost strong and straight enough though

teflondon

Jan 16, 2015
Nigeria
Parrots
Senegal parrot
Lovebirds
My prayer goes out to u and ur lovely horse, they shall deliver safely n their babies shall be in good health

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
No, it's unplugged for the year!
It wAs killing my data. I don't have verizon available in my area so I have dish for cable and they don't offer unlimited data via internet which is silly to me..but the camera streaming completely blew my allowance :) plus I have about 900 fans running in the barn and can use all the outlets I've got!

Most Reactions