New animals...

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
So I have one snake that I've had trouble getting to eat I bought him a live feeder to see if that would work. Nope so the feeder became a pet along with 3 others from local feeders because she needed friends:rolleyes:
KEVS51t.jpg

ojCaNIC.jpg

MRoqKLd.jpg

Y1EBWHC.jpg

Q46sbJN.jpg

oMzUgKS.jpg

9QrKJRk.jpg

The albino girl not only got really lucky but is the one to start the rat craze again, then the blue and tan ones, and finally a double Rex pickup at the local reptile show.

sica1029

Nov 15, 2015
Massachusetts
Parrots
Half-moon Conure
Very cute little guys! I had 2 rats when I was growing up and they make fantastic pets, they are so smart. If I ever got another small, non bird pet, they would definitely make the short list.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
They are so precious! I really like rats, and was shocked when I moved here and found out they are illegal in Alberta.

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
They are so precious! I really like rats, and was shocked when I moved here and found out they are illegal in Alberta.

They're illegal in Alberta?! I had no idea! That's so odd. It must be an old rule in fear of infestation. I love rats and would have them if I could, but I'm not sure I could handle their shorter life spans. They're so terribly expressive and intelligent though, I love it. Although here in SK ball pythons are illegal because any snake under the python family is banned.

So, when are you going to start charging admission prices into your home? My mom says my house is a zoo, and I only have four pets, hahaha! :D

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Very cute little guys! I had 2 rats when I was growing up and they make fantastic pets, they are so smart. If I ever got another small, non bird pet, they would definitely make the short list.

One of my first pets was a rat haha she was awesome and we have had rats off and on since then.

Thanks! Yeah I had heard that they were illegal in parts.

They're illegal in Alberta?! I had no idea! That's so odd. It must be an old rule in fear of infestation. I love rats and would have them if I could, but I'm not sure I could handle their shorter life spans. They're so terribly expressive and intelligent though, I love it. Although here in SK ball pythons are illegal because any snake under the python family is banned.

So, when are you going to start charging admission prices into your home? My mom says my house is a zoo, and I only have four pets, hahaha! :D

Yeah at this point I definitely could charge a fee to come in! Especially when the retics are huge people are always fascinated even while they are uncertain about something so large and don't particularly like them lol

Jeans

Jul 14, 2016
Fellow rat owners! They are sooo cute! I have a soft spot for the rex varieties. Right now I have one older mama rat and two younger ones I recently got.

I have had rats for like 6 years and I would never have a home without them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts