New Baby Chili

songlake

Mar 25, 2014
Florida
Parrots
2 moustached parakeets, 2 Sun conures, 20 cockatiels, 11 English budgies
Here's our new baby chili (pepper). She's 10-11 weeks old and a baby girl :D She's not as lovable yet as Sunny was but we hope once she trusts us and spends more human time with us she will be as lovable.

Skipper heard her when she came inside. He called and she called back and he's wanting to meet her so bad now. But we need a little quarantine to be safe, even though I meet chili's parents and siblings and the breeder was clean, the babies well cared for..Highly recommend flybybirds in florida, worth the drive to get a baby from her since they are super well cared for and not fed seeds, but plenty of veg, some fruit and a little bit of pellet just to round it out.

Here's Chili, she's a little tired from the excitement.

Her parents are very tangerine colored but not red factor, cant wait to see our little girl growing up :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Chili is beautiful! I am so happy for you:)

Dustbunny

Apr 7, 2014
USA
Parrots
PB: Green Cheek Conure (hatched 2009);
Master Beaker: B&G macaw (hatched Aug. 2014)
Awww, what a sleepy baby! Adorable!

OP
songlake

songlake

Mar 25, 2014
Florida
Parrots
2 moustached parakeets, 2 Sun conures, 20 cockatiels, 11 English budgies
Although she was hand fed and pretty well socialized she didn't want to step up when we went to pick her up (breeder won't let her babies go until weaned :) ). It was easy to see all 3 babies were hand tamed though.

When we got her home she was a little panicky at new noises and movements but by this evening if you left her cage door open she would fly out to my husband, which is awesome! she's his bird, or supposed to be anyway. She sat with him until she started falling asleep, but she would reach out and give him little kissy nibbles. it was so cute watching them.

Most Reactions