New Baby Quaker (Mango)

OP
N

Natti337

Nov 25, 2019
Thank you very much!

Any tips on how to get Mango to try different foods? He won't eat anything but his pellets. Should i remove his pellets and put different things in his bowl that maybe he will try once he gets hungry? He wont even try seeds which my parents Quakers LOVE.

I use the concrete perches or calcium perche's. I personally don't like the sand perches. I used to have one and my birds feet got roughed up.
https://www.amazon.com/Penn-Plax-Ce...s&qid=1575575846&sprefix=concrete+per&sr=8-16

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Never try and starve a bird to change food
Did you read the links I gave you before? It covers diet conversion in at least done if them :)

He will need to learn that other stuff is food. Est it with him. Keep trying. My re-home Pikachu didn't eat veggies at first or want to try new things. He eats everything now. One I have fed a lot of stuff, even if he south it out or just touched it. I ate it in front of him. But I also have a flock that eats veggies so they showed him the way too.

OP
N

Natti337

Nov 25, 2019
Hi Laura,

yes i did read the links you provided thank you! the information on there was mostly about converting from a seed diet to something healthier, in my case i am trying to convince my bird that treats are good lol. maybe i am just rushing him too much i forget sometimes that he is only 3months old. i will keep offering him different things, do you think its a good idea to leave like a "treat bowl" separately or should i add things to his pellet bowl and maybe as he is eating his pellets he will try something else?

Thanks again!

Never try and starve a bird to change food
Did you read the links I gave you before? It covers diet conversion in at least done if them :)

He will need to learn that other stuff is food. Est it with him. Keep trying. My re-home Pikachu didn't eat veggies at first or want to try new things. He eats everything now. One I have fed a lot of stuff, even if he south it out or just touched it. I ate it in front of him. But I also have a flock that eats veggies so they showed him the way too.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Try eating it in front of him (don't swap spit or feed him what you have bitten off of/what your dirty fork touched) but make him a little portion and then eat it on a separate plate in front of him. When he shows curiosity, pick up some from the separate plate and act like it came from yours lol.

Most Reactions