New Bed for Quaker

psitticine

Dec 23, 2022
Parrots
Chichi (2021 - 2022)
Rainy (current)
I just bought Rainy a bed, because she was just sleeping on her perch at night and I wanted her to be more comfy. I got her a little half moon shaped one instead of one of the tents. They're cavity nesters, and this one seems less likely to trigger a hormonal reaction than an enclosed one. When I brought it home she hated it. She would fly all the way across the room and scream in sight of it. I left it outside of her cage where she could see it for a couple days before moving it into the cage, and now she LOOOOOVES it. She's been sleeping in it, but she also eats and poops on it. I uncovered her this morning and it had a surprising amount of poop on the top. It has a fabric covering on it, so this is going to be a huge mess in no time.

So I'm just wondering if there's any way I can keep it clean. Of course I'll wipe it off every day, probably should wash it every day too but not sure if that much is necessary. She seems to think it's her new catch-all perch! Let me know if you have any ideas!

Most Reactions

Latest posts