New Behaviour

Staysee

Sep 13, 2017
UK
Parrots
Patagonian Conure
So, Syd was up on her perch playing with her toys for a bit when she flew down to say hello. I'd found a toy yesterday whilst changing her cage around she hadn't used for a few weeks so brought it out....its a plastic ball with a bell in it.

So she lands on the cushion, see's the ball and starts this odd behaviour, it started with like swiping her beak on the cushion by reaching out and dragging back quite quickly and then she would back up and Bob her head whilst her feathers were fluffed up. Thought maybe aggression but she also kept pushing the ball, trying to grab with her foot but nothing aggressive and even let me pet her and rub her neck and she happily stepped up onto my hand. Only lasted a couple minutes and now she don't care for the ball haha

I do have a video but it's dark and she made a few little chirpy sounds but nothing we haven't heard before

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
Sounds like your Parrot was having a ball, with a ball :) from what you have described. Maybe prefers playing with that certain toy outside the cage x

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I know some parrots "feed" and groom and otherwise do a bit of courting behavior with them. Sounds pretty harmless... you know, as long as nothing escalates!

I'm so excited to know your girl is coming along so well.

I love that pale mandible. So pretty. Get lots of nice photos while ya still can, before it goes all sooty!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
when I give clark a ball, he goes nuts trying to kill the ball, it's the funniest thing he does....he hollers he bird cusses...he holds the wireframe ball in his foot and bangs it and bites it then throws it.....I used to think he hated it but then sometimes he'll go get it off the desk carry it up to my shoulder, calmly, then KILL IT AGAIN.

I love him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts