New bird at home need advice

Lanaia

Aug 23, 2017
Minnesota
Parrots
Senegal, sun conures, Indian ringneck
Hello everyone ❤️ I recently visited a bird fair with a friend of mine that's a breeder and I ended up bring home a beautiful 8year old Senegal. She's a wonderful bird but I'm sad because her attitude looks like she's calling or looking for her previous owner and it breaks my heart. When I got her I was told she had no name. But anyways I am new to this type of bird. I've done lots of research and she seems to be bonding with me which I'm very happy about. I currently have 2 sunconures and an African ringneck they grew up together so I've never had to deal with introductions before and I was wondering how to go about it. She's in a big cage in another room right now and I always make sure to great the conures first so they don't get jealous and upset but I think it's almost time to bring them into
The same room together but I'm scared 😭 Any tips?

Attachments

• IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2127.jpg
    IMG_2127.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 112

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hello everyone ❤️ I recently visited a bird fair with a friend of mine that's a breeder and I ended up bring home a beautiful 8year old Senegal. She's a wonderful bird but I'm sad because her attitude looks like she's calling or looking for her previous owner and it breaks my heart. When I got her I was told she had no name. But anyways I am new to this type of bird. I've done lots of research and she seems to be bonding with me which I'm very happy about. I currently have 2 sunconures and an African ringneck they grew up together so I've never had to deal with introductions before and I was wondering how to go about it. She's in a big cage in another room right now and I always make sure to great the conures first so they don't get jealous and upset but I think it's almost time to bring them into
The same room together but I'm scared �� Any tips?

Thirty days of separation is a bio-security must. It also gives you time to work with the new member one-on-one!

If you plan on bring them into the same room, after the thirty day separation, begin bring them together by moving the cage closer to the door and then into the same room over several days. It will give everyone a bit of time to adjust prior to being together.

Take time to determine what your new Parrot's diet requirements really are compared to your other group. There can be minor differences and if they exist assure to include them.

Welcome to Parrot Forums, enjoy!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. Congrats on the new addition. Senegals are cute , smart parrots but they can be stubborn too. My buddy's girl has one, and she ( the bird) can be a little tyrant. Sailboats advice is spot on ( and always is, if you have other questions). Here's to your expanding flock!

Most Reactions