Media
Albums
NYC
Parrots
Sun conure
Pickle George
Green cheek
Pepsey
Hi, I am going to get a new baby sun conure but i was informed that the cage i have is to small it is 19 inchs across and they said i want something 24 inchs across. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good cage that wont break the bank, id lime to get something max like $200. Iv had my sun for almost two years in this cage and i was told it was a conure cage. thanks erik

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mnkeastman

Jan 6, 2012
Parrots
Pixie-White Capped Pionus
I am going through this now myself and have seen the better prices on amazon.com and ebay.com.

Be interested to hear what types of responses you get. As of right now I believe I am going with amazon.com [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Parrot-Wrought-Play-top-Wheels-24x22x63/dp/B0002BIO5K/ref=sr_1_7?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1327094007&sr=1-7]Amazon.com: Brand New Parrot Bird Wrought Iron Cage Play-top on Wheels 24x22x63, Green: Pet Supplies[/ame]

I am still debating on it and trying not to go over 300 for mine.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
when i 1st got nut, i looked on ebay an saw some fab deals on cages, as long as i could pick up

ppl think nuts cage is crazy big lol but bigger the better, as she is in there for most of the day
(this is as part of her routine, she use to be out nearly all the time through out the day, but for some reason she was very aggressive for it)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I just bought Merlin's new cage on ebay for $190 including the shipping. I was worried it was a bit small for her, but her previous owners thought she would like that one best. And the vet agreed due to her blindness that a smaller cage is better. It would be a very nice conure cage though. When I tried to post an ebay link here though it didn't work. It seems like a good quality cage though and has a playtop. Nice, stainless steel hardware. It also came with 6 dishes and a nest box door for anyone thinking of breeding. I'd say it was a good deal. If you go on ebay and put in "african grey cage" it should show up.

mnkeastman

Jan 6, 2012
Parrots
Pixie-White Capped Pionus
I just bought Merlin's new cage on ebay for $190 including the shipping. I was worried it was a bit small for her, but her previous owners thought she would like that one best. And the vet agreed due to her blindness that a smaller cage is better. It would be a very nice conure cage though. When I tried to post an ebay link here though it didn't work. It seems like a good quality cage though and has a playtop. Nice, stainless steel hardware. It also came with 6 dishes and a nest box door for anyone thinking of breeding. I'd say it was a good deal. If you go on ebay and put in "african grey cage" it should show up.

awesome suggestion, and bigger than the ones I have been seeing thanks!

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
I've bought 3 cages off ebay and amazon. The prices are amazing compared to what you'd find in a store. I'd even say Craigslist is worth a look.

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Opening-Victorian-Parrot-22x17x55-Black/dp/B005HOKC66/ref=sr_1_76?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1327105325&sr=1-76"]Amazon.com: HQ's Opening Victorian Cage, Small Parrot Cage With Cart Stand, 1 Per Box, 22x17x55"H, Black.: Pet Supplies[/ame]

My Sun conure is in this cage due to space restraints. He spends most of his time outside of it torturing me and everybody else.

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
Keep checking Craigslist. Put up a post that you are looking for a cage. I got mine of Craigslist for under $200, I think I paid $175, and it is a $500 cage. Huge for a GCC, but Maxx loves all the space.

CC2-1.jpg

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
I love the flight style cages for my birds. I owned several cockatiels years ago and had this cage, but the double side by side version. I now have the single version for my Pionus. It's really inexpensive if you think about the space. Also the flat top is ideal to put an inexpensive playstand on top of. I have one now that Tate loves that I only paid around $30 for.

HQ Flight Bird Cage 13221 | eBay

Or, for the same amount of space that the single would take up you could have a double. One right on top of eachother that has the same amount of space and just for around $50 more. That way you could always add another flock member if you came across one you just had to have! lol

A&E Cage Co. Double Stack Flight Bird Cage | eBay

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Bobioden: Oh I love that cage!!!! It's so elegant and looks like a part of the furniture in the room instead of just being an ugly cage in the room. My Dusky has a pretty large cage. I wish I had the space for 2 large cages instead of 1 large cage and 1 smaller cage.

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Hey! Those links are bad. What's up with that....?? I'll try to find another way to post them. How odd...

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Okay. Go to Ebay and type this in the search. It brings it right up.

A&E Cage Co. Double Stack Flight Bird Cage

The double is only 179.95 w/ free shipping

and the single..... is only 129.00 w/ free shipping

type this into search--- HQ Flight Bird Cage 13221

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Here's Tate's single style flight with the playtop I mentioned....

Last edited:

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I agree, check craigslist. It seems to be the way to get the best bang for your buck, although that's if you don't mind getting a used cage and having to clean it up :) I've gotten some amazing deals off craigslist for cages(never paid more than $100 for one), and I see nice cages posted everyday in my local section :)

Zazu

Jan 20, 2012
North Eastern United States
Parrots
Sun Conure
Thank you all for the wonderful cage suggestions! I too am looking for a larger floor standing cage on wheels. I'd like to keep my smaller cage for his "sleep" cage and a new larger one for his "day" cage. I appreciate the info!

Zazu

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I love the flight style cages for my birds. I owned several cockatiels years ago and had this cage, but the double side by side version. I now have the single version for my Pionus. It's really inexpensive if you think about the space. Also the flat top is ideal to put an inexpensive playstand on top of. I have one now that Tate loves that I only paid around $30 for.

HQ Flight Bird Cage 13221 | eBay

Or, for the same amount of space that the single would take up you could have a double. One right on top of eachother that has the same amount of space and just for around $50 more. That way you could always add another flock member if you came across one you just had to have! lol

A&E Cage Co. Double Stack Flight Bird Cage | eBay

Your links go straight to a 'learning centre' ???

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I would check Craigslist first too. I got a huge cage for Puck that I found on there. I paid $150 for a $500 cage. I see deals like that regularly, but sometimes you have to watch the site for a while for the right one to come up.

I also found Puck on Craigslist, also for a very good price. :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
All the ebay links I tried to post on here were bad, too. They went to a site about John Belushi! I will take a pic of Merlin's cage today and post that instead. It was something like just under $190 with shipping and the seller called it African Grey Cockatoo Macaw cage. I wouldn't be putting any large cockatoo or macaw in it, that's for sure. But, I was impressed with the cage and everything it came with for the money. It has a shelf at the bottom, too, which is great for stuffing your cage cover in or keeping food or other supplies. The playtop has it's own sliding drawer to catch poop or food. I keep it out when she isn't on it to let more light in. The only thing I don't like is that the playtop doesn't bolt down to the top of the cage. I've been setting it on my coffee table for now. Merlin doesn't like being up high anyway, due to her vision issues, but I think most birds would love being up there. The cage is low enough though that I can reach birds up there, which is good because I'm only 5'4". If you buy it you might want to use some really big zip ties to hold it down, or make some kind of bracket to hold it in place.

Most Reactions