7 Years old
I think Mishka loved the camera as well

BEAUTIFULMISHKA.jpg

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
WOW... great picture... Mishka is so handsome....

Now where is a new picture of you?

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
WOW... great picture... Mishka is so handsome....

Now where is a new picture of you?

Thanks Mike, he is handsome LoL
You will get one of me WHEN Mishka learns how to use the camera

36_1_20.gif

Yea, right... get one of boys to take it.... :09:

BUT Mike, remember Mishka IS ONE OF THE BOYS !!!!!!!

The next newspaper article will have a picture of me with Mishka, probably available on Tuesday next week......... be patient. The reporter mentioned that she will send me all the pictures she took of us, lets hope she keeps her word.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
The clarity is awesome and I know you will have lots of fun with the new camera.

Thanks Di, I am more than happy with the camera, takes wonderful video's as well.
12_1_111.gif

Steven's girlfriend Cari, came over for dinner last night. She is studying graphic designing, and is very interested in photography. Cari took that picture last night at about 7.50pm just before Mishka's nightie nightie.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
What kind of camera is it, Ant? If I knew, I might be able to give some advice.

Mishka is such the handsome devil. He is trying to tell you, "Mommy, I want some glamour shots!!"

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
What kind of camera is it, Ant? If I knew, I might be able to give some advice.

Mishka is such the handsome devil. He is trying to tell you, "Mommy, I want some glamour shots!!"

Norf, I need all the advise I can get.....
It's a CAM-SAMSUNG ES30
12.2 megapixel
2gb memory card

After so many interviews, Mishka is actually quite comfortable with a camera.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Hmmm....Ant, I'm not sure, but it looks like that camera has automatic aperture control. To me, aperture is the single camera parameter that will give you the most "artistic" control of your shots.

If I were you, I would concentrate on getting as close to Mishka as you can (without him discovering what a camera tastes like ;)), in as bright light as you can manage indoors. This will trick the camera into opening up the aperture to f/3.5 (your camera's maximum). Combining this with moving Mishka as far forward away from his backgrounds will give you that "blurry background" effect that really focuses the viewers' attention on the STAR Of THE SHOW!!

You can experiment with how much light it takes to keep the aperture open to the max.

A hint: lower light levels make your birds' irises open up (their own aperture!!). This, IMHO makes them look even cuter, sort of like how the Japanese draw their anime characters, with the flash sparkle and everything.

I did this on my favorite pic of Gandalf, and you can see what I mean.

nofearengineer-albums-gandalf-my-true-friend-picture994-gandalf-loves-camera.jpg

It was with a far more expensive camera (an f/1.8 aperture lens), but the principle is the same...you just might have to take a few more shots until you get what you want. Remember, unlike the good old days of film...pictures are free now!

Most Reactions

Latest posts