New food

BreannPearlLang

Banned
Banned
Jul 3, 2012
I was looking at roudybush and it seemed to be very very unnatural..so i looked for human grade non preserved food.. this is what i found. just wanted to share :) i think its a good choice.

3 lbs Goldenfeast Conure Blend Gourmet Bird Food African Grey Cockatiel Lovebird | eBay

Ingredients: Whole cantaloupe seed, hulled oats, safflower seed, canary grass seed, buckwheat, white proso milet, granola (made with pecans, sugar, wheat flakes, brown rice flour, organic oats, corn syrup, canola oil, honey, organic evaporated cane sugar, natural flavoring, salt plus natural vitamin E & ascorbic acid to preserve freshness). Roasted corn, shelled raw pistachios, roasted cashews, non-roasted sunflower kernels, roasted almonds, dehydrated red & green sweet peppers, dehydrated tomatoes, pepitas (shelled squash seed), cooked and dehydrated beets & black bean flakes, cooked & dehydrated sweet potatoes, whole star anise seed, low moisture apples, papaya & pineapple, sterilized hemp seed, cooked & dehydrated red beans, pinto beans and chic peas. Dehydrated carrots, cranberries and blueberries, whole bee pollen, freeze dried corn & freeze dried garden peas, and natural flavoring.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Crude Protein (min.) 12%; Crude Fat (min.) 7%; Crude fiber (max.) 8%; Moisture (max.) 6%.

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
Awful lot of sugar in that. If you insist on whole-food ingredients, I'd go with T.O.P., just realize that it won't be guaranteed to have the balance of vitamins and minerals pellets were originally designed to guarantee. Those "unnatural" ingredients are mostly vitamin and mineral supplementation.

friedsoup

May 5, 2012
North Carolina
Parrots
Senegal Male Bogart
Remember Seeds are mostly sugars and oils go wit Roudybush or Zupreem and remember they take the seeds and remove most of the sugars and oils and add Vitamins and minerals and you can give fresh veggies and fruits. This is IMHO a better way to go.

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
If I personally had to survive off bird food, I'd choose Roudybush! It's actually not bad. Yes I have tried it. I try pretty much everything my babies eat!

Most Reactions