New from Texas

Chandler6611

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas Texas
Parrots
Tea spoon the peach faced love bird
and Trouble the white faced love bird
Hello. My name is jon and I'm new here. Growing up we had small birds and my grandparents had a large parrot. I know the kind he was but can't think of it right now. Recently we rescued a love bird from the animal shelter

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello Jon and welcome! So glad you rescued your lovebird:) What is his/her name? I would love to see pictures!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Welcome Texas!! If you're missing snow, I'll send you some from the Artic North known as Pennsylvania now :)

Tell us about the new member of your family!! And congrats on the adoption!

OP
Chandler6611

Chandler6611

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas Texas
Parrots
Her name is tea spoon. Don't know a history on her. Shelter said someone brought her in and said they "found" her. As jumpy as she is I highly doubt that. My wife and I think it was a owner surrender and the owner was scared to tell the shelter that.

We have had her about 2 weeks now. She will take food from our hands thru her cage. But will bite if you also. We are working with her and hopefully she will learn we just want to love her.

I'll work on getting some pics up. I'm on our iPad and don't have any pics of her on it at the moment but will add some when I go back in there with her.

OP
Chandler6611

Chandler6611

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas Texas
Parrots
Picture of tea spoon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 208

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome, Jon and Tea Spoon!! What an unusual name for a love bird. Was that her name already or is it a new one. How good of you to adopt her.

snowghost

Feb 16, 2014
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Parrots
One white front Amazon, Bugsy, I've had her for 19 years and Cracker, a 10 year old Cockatiel.
I had a pair of peach faced love birds, named peaches and cream of course! Hey, my neighbor gave them to me. One lived for 20 years. She would sit in my shirt pocket and hang out! Delightful little birds!

OP
Chandler6611

Chandler6611

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas Texas
Parrots
We named her. My late father in law had a bird named T-Bird so I picked Tea Spoon

Most Reactions

Latest posts