New here! Gcc

wrcemt

Jul 18, 2014
Hi every one! New guy here picked up "snuggles" from a local petco last week!

Went to the store to look at fishes and me loving birds went straight over to the cages, this little gcc was up on the corner and jumped straight down to come say hi!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405813302.740826.jpg her personality was pretty cute for being 3 months old!

We went home and talked to our managers straight away( can't have cats or dogs geez even my mazda is too loud) they said "sure"!

Went straight back to the store and picked her up! Got her home and let her get used to the area ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405813383.588449.jpg

The next day after work(my gf stayed home whispering to her all day) I got her out on her play gym and started the stepup training ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405813492.369013.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405813509.005675.jpg

Went today back to petco to pick up a couple of clickers, and the moment they realized we bought snuggles they all huddled over to see the pictures and movies!

Currently working on "dance" the head bobbing trick!

MrsKay

Jun 23, 2014
Media
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Larry)
Canary (Norman)
"Hi wrcemt" :)

That is wonderful! That looks like my Larry's twin :)
You are gonna love each other! Snuggles is a great name :)

OP
W

wrcemt

Jul 18, 2014
Thanks! She was hand fed so she came with the name! That's ok, it fits her of snuggles means nibble! If you follow me on Instagram @wrcemt you can see three movies I got! Step up, dance, and turn around! This clicker works wonders

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
They really are very smart birds. I love my two conures, such comics. And yes nibbles are a part of every conure's life ;) my Kiwi liked to beak-wrestle with me. But she knew not to bite too hard. :)

What a lovely friend you have there.

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
Awh, snuggles is adorable!!

Just a quick tip -- wooden dowels aren't very good for their feet. You could pick up some natural wood perches or buy some vet wrap or bird safe rope (like sisal or manilla) and wrap it around the perches to make a healthier surface for her feet.

OP
W

wrcemt

Jul 18, 2014
Awh, snuggles is adorable!!

Just a quick tip -- wooden dowels aren't very good for their feet. You could pick up some natural wood perches or buy some vet wrap or bird safe rope (like sisal or manilla) and wrap it around the perches to make a healthier surface for her feet.

Thanks! Next visit I'll buy rope and real perch replacements! Thanks!

Most Reactions