New here just thought I'd say hi

ChimeEcho

Dec 29, 2007
Ok well figured I'd say hi and introduce myself, me-Rem. I have three feather friends, an evil chatter box Quaker-Echo, a goofy Sun Conure Chime, and an older grumpy Cockatiel that Ive had for eight years now.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Welcome Rem ... what is your Cockatiel's name (you forgot to mention it) can't wait to hear stories about your three, and hopefully we can see some pictures as well!

:50:

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
Hi Rem. I'm pretty new here too, and I suppose I never introduced myself on here. My name is Jesse and Im a birdaholic...

I'm owned by one dusky conure named Augustine, or Auggie for short. He's named in part for the philosopher/theologian as well as for the world record holding golden retriever who has the record for holding the most tennis balls in his mouth at once (Auggie). He's almost 3yrs old now, I've had him since he was about 6 mo, but new him well before that as I worked in the store he was in.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Jesse I think you will come to find one thing out about all of us here (the regular few who are still around) is that we are all birdaholics ... which isn't a bad thing ... no 12-step program for recovery though ... :lol:

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing stories and seeing pictures of Auggie ...

BTW - What is the World Record for tennis balls held in their mouth at one time for a dog? :confused:

OP
C

ChimeEcho

Dec 29, 2007
Birds are like potatoe chips. But the thing is my mom said I never could have birds... So I begged, and mom said 'if one falls from the sky you can have one' well lets just say Sunny bird landed on the horse fence a week later. I caught her, and mom said if we couldnt find her owners we could keep her... well we never did find her owners. So I then ended up getting a mate for her, and that followed two chicks, and then I got two parakeets, and then we found Echo in a free to good home ad due to the fact that he hated men. So we added Echo, and then we added Chime in the beginning of August. Sadly we had a bird accident and I lost the parakeets and the other teils. But Im still strongly addicted, and I love my feathered friends.

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
94912.jpg

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...ost_tennis_balls_held_in_the_mouth_-_dog.aspx

That would be five tennis balls (there's one in the back of his mouth too). Of course it would be a texan dog to pull this off.

The wonderful important things you learn on animal planet.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots

nzchickadee

May 15, 2007
Media
Christchurch Nw Zealand!
Parrots
Budgie
Tex Tex I'm here!!!
Hi and welcome :) So its been a little bit quiet recently, I guess due to the 'seasons' that we go thru or something, but as Tex said, we are all birdaholics and love new people around...esp if they have photos :)

Last edited:

Parrot16

Banned
Banned
Dec 12, 2007
HEY im here! only under different user name thanks to SOMEONE! You know who you are! Oh yes and i would like my account back.

Most Reactions

Latest posts