New Here!!!

NermalsMom

Sep 1, 2011
Fl
Parrots
Nermal the Green Cheek Conure
:) Love this site so much already! Well I have a story I want to share.
Four days ago we brought home a little Green Cheek Conure...So Happy!! Not sure about sex but we are going with Girl for no particular reason. We named her Nermal and she is the sweetest thing. I don't know for sure her age though she is still fairly young, I would say 6 months or less. She was not handfed and not handled at all until we got her. On day one my husband had her on her back in his hand and she fell asleep, he also clipped her wings, she only bit twice during that process and hasn't tried since. From there she is learning to step up and rarely tries to fly away, though it does happen from time to time, and loves to snuggle on anyone's back and shoulders. Getting her out of her cage has been interesting at first we had to chase her a bit. Now I think she thinks it's a game because after a minute or two she'll chill out and step up. I am so very impressed with our new little feathered friend, especially since she hasn't been handled before.

OP
N

NermalsMom

Sep 1, 2011
Fl
Parrots
Thanks!!! I will be adding pics as soon as I get some good ones. Looking forward to getting to know everyone on here and learn as well.

brighteyes

Aug 24, 2011
Media
on a farm in south vic Austrailia...
Parrots
The very proud owner of a new baby sun conour !
OMG , What a sweet story u sound like your family & your conure are meant too be !
Look forward to reading many more post in near future .
I at this time only have my daughters two cockatiels staying with me . For many years l was the proud owner of pretty boy a apple green indian ringneck he was soooooooooooo great l lost him last November of old age , it has only been the last few months that l dicided to get a new buddy but this time l am waiting on a sun conur it seems to take a time but after l asked the other day to have the bird prosess put in days ( time from egg to weaned bird ) l understand to wait as it will happen ! Good luck ..

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Welcome to the forum! I also have a green cheek conure. They are such fun little birds! :)

OP
N

NermalsMom

Sep 1, 2011
Fl
Parrots
Thanks everyone for your kinds word I am excited to be here!!

Most Reactions