New Member from Michigan~!

Glpp2012

Apr 30, 2012
Michigan
Parrots
Koopa- Sun Conure
Hello!!

My name is Karen. I have two boys ages 9 & 7 & a wonderful boyfriend for the past two years! We live in beautiful Michigan! I will be graduating college with my associates degree in Business Management this June! I can't wait to close that Chapter in my life and to open a new one :) I can't say I have a "hobby" as my life revolves my children, their schooling, sports, my schooling and my business! I have a crazy busy life but, I wouldn't change it for the world! :)

I have been raised around parrots all my life! I am currently owned by a Sun Conure named Koopa :) I am also the owner of "Great Lakes Parrot Place" were I "raise parrots in a home for a home!" I joined the forum as a way to help/educate others and to learn from others as well!! You can learn more about me at www.greatlakesparrotplace.com and feel free to "like" my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/greatlakesparrotplace :) I look forward to meeting you all and getting to know you and all your babies!!

Last edited:

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Welcome to the forum.

OP
G

Glpp2012

Apr 30, 2012
Michigan
Parrots
Koopa- Sun Conure
Thank you Cdog! & I most say...I LOVE your quote you have posted!!

Roxy_9_2011

Feb 3, 2012
Media
Albums
Michigan
Parrots
Roxy-Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure, Zeus-Turquoise conure, Carlos- YN Amazon & Jazz- GW macaw
Welcome fellow Michigander! I've lived in this state my whole life and still needed to see where in MI West Branch is :p lol I volunteer at a parrot store/shelter in the Grand Rapids area. Happy to know another member of the forum is from MI :) Whoops, also wanted to add that I just recently graduated from college too! (last Saturday to be exact lol)

Last edited:

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure (Penny), Maximillian Pionus (Piper), Lovebird (Poco)
Welcome! I'm originally from Michigan, although I've lived here in CO for most of my life. I still have lots of family back in MI though!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Welcome to the forum and congrats on soon finishing college!

OP
G

Glpp2012

Apr 30, 2012
Michigan
Parrots
Koopa- Sun Conure
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! Yes, West Branch is a SMALL town don't bother looking it up on the map. Chances are you won't find us LOL!!! ;) Good to know there are some Michiganders and ex- Michiganders! Its funny I was born and raised half my life in Longmont CO :)

OP
G

Glpp2012

Apr 30, 2012
Michigan
Parrots
Koopa- Sun Conure
Sorry I wanted to upload some pictures of my babies in the last reply!!

The first is Koopa at 7wks old. he is now 9 weeks old! The second picture is my boys and Koopa along with one of my babies for sale that is 7wks old! I believe the time of the picture it was 6wks old The 3rd picture is Koopa in the back and the baby in the front! and the last picture is Koopa and I :)

Attachments

• Koopa_1month_11days.jpg
    Koopa_1month_11days.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Austyn_Dylan_Koopa_and baby sun (4).jpg
    Austyn_Dylan_Koopa_and baby sun (4).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Baby_Sun42012.jpeg
    Baby_Sun42012.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Mommy and Koopa.jpg
    Mommy and Koopa.jpg