New member hello everyone.

Buzz2537

Aug 16, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw
Hi. I am new to the forum, just joined. I am also new to Macaws. I am a new mom to a female Hahns Macaw. I named her Hahnna, deliberately spelled that way, for 'Hahns' Macaw. She is about 12 weeks now and On three hand feedings a day. Previously, I had a U2' Umbrella Cockatoo that I had right out of an egg and hand fed as well. I had my baby eight years, and suffered with severe asthma from the powder. I tried hard to hold on to her, but became unable to handle her due to the severity of the allergies. My husband built her, her own room with a plexi glass door, but Toos need their family and t was not right to selfishly keep her, so it took me two years but with the help of a local bird club we found a nice family for her that had just lost their parrots to a gas leak. I cried for months over her. After speaking to the woman from the vird club that helped me place Boo we decided on a Hahns Macaw as they are oil based, no powder, no allergies. I chose the Hahns after careful research, because they were a big bird in a small body. Very interactive, spoke well and intelligent. I think she was a great choice. She will never replace my Boo, but she has helped to heal my heart. I have already potty trained her to poop in the toilet when she is let out, and she is already saying step up, and knows to step up. We bought her a very large cage with lots of toys, as well as a play gym and we also redid the room we had for Boo, so that when I am working she can stay put of her cage and not be locked up. Anyway, we have her on a no seed diet, pellets , a variety of nuts and dried fruits and veggies and feed her fresh fruits, veggies, beans etc. anyway I am looking forward to being on the forum and also hearing from others that have Hahns babies. Elaine

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! Sorry to hear you had to give up your Boo....Hope Hahnna would bring you happiness owning a bird again!!! ;)

Poppetsmum

Jul 31, 2013
Parrots
Poppet. A Quaker.
Hi, welcome to the forum. I love the name and I love Hahns Macaws. When the time is right, I'm sure I'll have one. I hope you have many happy years together. :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi there and welcome to the forum Elaine & Hahnna. :)

Can't wait to hear about your adventures together.

mdmarley

Mar 1, 2013
maryland
Parrots
yellow nape amazon - Marley;
catalina macaw - Dallas
Welcome Buzz...and congratulations! I'm fairly new here myself and you will love it...lots of great information to soak up, and a real great group of people..I myself just added a macaw as I had previously only had ( and still do) an amazon....wow, I love the macw, but what a difference....the amount of "work" involved in owning a macaw ( in my opinion) has gone up about 5 fold compared to my amazon!!

OP
Buzz2537

Buzz2537

Aug 16, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw
Thank you everyone. I am really looking forward to learning more about the Hahns Macaw from members owned by them and to share my experiences as well. Elaine and Hahnna,

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Welcome to the forum!!!!

Most Reactions