Bastin

Oct 3, 2023
Uk
Parrots
11 budgies in aviary
Hi my name is Bastin I live in the UK, I recently had an outdoor aviary built and have 11 budgies. They were fed a seed diet but I am keen to change to pellets, but they don’t seem interested at all. Does anyone have any advice on best brand of seeds or pellets, I am trying them on fresh fruit and veg with no interest any tips on that would be great. They are about 5 months old.

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
Teeko eats that nutrisoft along with seeds...because he's picky..but he is also a conure. But I've heard lafeber nurtiberries. They (allegedly) hull the seeds and coat the inside with vitamins so your birds actually get they vitamins and minerals they need. They also make senior bird formula for budgies over the age of 5.. I have fed Teeko fruit before. And he will only eat dried bananas, and dip them in water because he's special lol

OP
Bastin

Bastin

Oct 3, 2023
Uk
Parrots
11 budgies in aviary
Teeko eats that nutrisoft along with seeds...because he's picky..but he is also a conure. But I've heard lafeber nurtiberries. They (allegedly) hull the seeds and coat the inside with vitamins so your birds actually get they vitamins and minerals they need. They also make senior bird formula for budgies over the age of 5.. I have fed Teeko fruit before. And he will only eat dried bananas, and dip them in water because he's special lol
Thank you very helpful will look into it.

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
Birds LOVE variety! and pellets don't do it. Welcome too! Nice to meet you!!!

OP
Bastin

Bastin

Oct 3, 2023
Uk
Parrots
11 budgies in aviary
I was trying to get them to eat pellets with fresh fruit and veg with seeds as well but in small quantities, rather than just the seeds they were fed when I bought them. Thanks for welcome

Most Reactions

Latest posts