New mom and new here!

bobsmom

Dec 28, 2011
Florida
Parrots
golden capped conure
Hi- Just joined a few minutes ago. Also got a gold capped conure this morning. Though I am not sure if that is what his species is- from what I have read-I've seen gold cap conure, golden capped conure.
Anyway- my new little one is called Bob. My daughter named him. We thought about Stubby though because he is missing a toe on each foot. I actually was not planning on getting a new bird yet. We recently lost our blue crown to a cat attack. We are getting roof estimates and one of the roofers that came told me about Bob. Actually he didn't tell me everything since he never mentioned the missing toes. I met him this morning to meet Bob and after seeing his situation- I had to buy him.
He is very sweet- he's been here about 2 hours and has spent the entire 2 hours in the food bowl. He came right to me and my daughter when we were putting him in the cage. Just giving him a couple of days to get used to the house.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey Bob's Mom, welcome to the forum, Sorry to hear about your blue crown,glad to hear of your gold crown.Look around ,read some post,lot's of good people and good info. Ask if you have any questions.This crowd loves pics and stories so post away.

Most Reactions