New sun!! Finally my flock is finished!

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

💛Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.💛
Sooo I've been dying for another conure. Like literally...*dead* lol.
I was going to get the Patagonian but the guy decided not to re home him. Wich is great for the bird. Buuuutttttt....a sun fell into my lap! The lady has been holding him for days for me til we could drive the 40 mins to go get him. Which today is the day! Hubby called me from work and said to call her to go get him this afternoon. His name is Houdini...I would change it but he says it, can I change it anyway?? Lol. Anyway this is him. Now, I'm done adding to my flock. For now lol. What a handsome boy, hmm??

dc1594416d7f106ce40b8f7d58b29037_zps7ba1be60.jpg
:orange:

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
He is a cutie. You could find your own silly name that is a variation of that to call him? All 3 of my dogs were named when i got them. I hated Chu Chu's name but it has grown on me! Chuchi is what i normally call him. And my Kisses is either "Kissie Girl" or (LOL) "chub chub girl" (she likes to eat....)

In any case, good luck with him. Keep us posted on his new adventures.

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

I've wanted a sun forever! I'm so excited! Now if I can stick to me "no. Ore feathered friends" rule! Lol any advice on THAT?! And I was thinking Howie. It's kinda like Houdini.or both lol. Howie Houdini!:orange:

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Howie is cute! Houdini can easily morph into Howie. ;)

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
Congratulations! Yes, birds can learn a new name over time - I mean, look how many birds will respond to nicknames as well as their given name! :) He's a cutie!

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
He is so beautiful. Sun's are lot's of fun. You will have tons of fun with him I am sure!!!

incognito

Jul 3, 2012
Pakistan
Parrots
4 Pairs of CAG, Blue Fronted Amazon breeder, Vosmaeri Eclectus pair breeder, 20 Cockatiels & chicks, 3 breeder pair of INR, 2 Breeder Pair of Lorries, 2 Monk Parrot Pairs, 2 Rump Pairs, 50 love birds
good luck with new sun conures..

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

He's 2. I'm posting a picture heavy thread now! We're home, settled and Houdini is tucked into bed. :) he's amazing! I'll wait til y'all see the pics!:orange:

Last edited:
OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

Absolutely! Lol

Most Reactions