New tiels

Ds8724

Oct 31, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiel
So I'm no stranger to tiels. Grew up around one and took him after my mom passed on a year and a half ago.

I recently got two new 4 month old tiels. This "rescue" didn't want them and gave them away to get rid of them. They were in a flock when I got them.

One of the two almost constantly screams unless they're covered up or the room is dark.

Could the screaming just be from searching or trying to call out for his flock?

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
So I'm no stranger to tiels. Grew up around one and took him after my mom passed on a year and a half ago.

I recently got two new 4 month old tiels. This "rescue" didn't want them and gave them away to get rid of them. They were in a flock when I got them.

One of the two almost constantly screams unless they're covered up or the room is dark.

Could the screaming just be from searching or trying to call out for his flock?
Hi and welcome.
In my experience the cockatiels use their loudest screams to call for the flock. I could be wrong but thats what my cockatiel does when it calls out to me

OP
D

Ds8724

Oct 31, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hi and welcome.
In my experience the cockatiels use their loudest screams to call for the flock. I could be wrong but thats what my cockatiel does when it calls out to me
Thank you.

I was leaning towards that but unsure for the most part. Never really dealt with this since my senior teal have been more on the quiet side most of his life.

Most Reactions

Latest posts