new to forum

rockslinger

Nov 10, 2010
So glad to be in the forum. Just inherited a Macaw. Hear I'm in for a lot of sleepless nights. I'm looking for a lot of advise in this forum.

Rocky

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
hi rockslinger, what type of a macaw do you have? i have a blue and gold (along with other babies), i'm still learning with him, they have such great personalities. post some pics when you get a chance! x

George gourlay

Oct 24, 2010
Media
glasgow scotland
Parrots
Tony. OWA gone but never forgotten..
CAG Named Azarra..
Welcome Rockslinger i am also fairly new to the forum and i have had good advice from other members regarding a health prob with my amazon which is getting better now. So there is lots of good advice here and members seem to know what they are talking about, so have fun with your macaw.. cya

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
First of all I suggest your get ahold of the book Parrots for Dummies and read it completely. It will give you lots of bird basics and serve as a good reference. The second thing you should consider doing is taking this bird to an avain vet for an examination. If no physical problems are found then you can be on your way with getting this bird bonded with you. One step at a time and please be patient. It is vitally important that you learn of the toxic foods and toxins that can kill a bird in the home. The diet of very important and should consist of vegs. fruits, nuts, grains, legumes, green leafy things like kale and most importantly a high quality pellet. Seeds are fed as a treat only. It will require $$$. Good luck.

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Welcome to the forum. Lots of Macaw parronts here and good general advice as well. Strongly agree with SB on value of Parrots for Dummies as an excellent reference. Patience is the key. These are great birds but they aren't for the faint hearted! Enjoy your time here.

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Hi Rocky and welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing more about your new fid (fid=feathered kid) :)

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Welcome!

I can't wait to see pics and hear more about your baby.

Lots of wonderful members with Macaw's of all types from all over the world who will be able to help with anything you need!

Enjoy your stay :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts