new to forums, not to birds

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Hello.

I have kept birds for 18+ years and have done much with them during that time. I have bred birds of many types, have hand reared birds of many types, worked in a couple of private zoos, consulted for the local college on husbandry requirements of several types of exotics (not just birds), have worked in pet shops, done rescue/rehab of both pet and wild animals, and the list goes on. I am a trained biologist and I have my fingers in many things, but birds have always been and will always be my passion in life. Currently my flock is incredibly small, consisting only of a grumpy 15 year old cockatiel, and a hilarious little parakeet only a few months old. My mom also has a parakeet who lives in the house, but it is not my responsibility. I also lately have been looking into taking on another project bird.

I am preparing, with someone dear to me, to buy and move to a plot of land and build a homestead where we will also raise exotic animals. I always wanted to work with birds, and I am hoping to set up a large facility breeding parrots and other birds for the pet industry(not box stores or anything horrific like that, but as a breeder serving individual families and small, bird knowledgeable, pet shops) and for conservation purposes. We have been looking into requirements to become an AZA certified facility, and other things like that.

I have never looked at the online or larger bird communities. I learned everything I know from local mentors, breeders, extensive firsthand experience and direct observations, and nerding out over books and magazines. I look forward to learning from an entirely new source!

:yellow1::greenyellow::green:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! I'm so glad you joined us:)

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
Welcome to you and your flock (tiels are near and dear). Very noble and extensive experience with birds/exotics.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome! I'm glad you found us.
I'll look forward to following your new adventure!

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Thanks for the welcomes, guys! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts