New to the forum but not the passion.

LadyElke

Nov 15, 2012
Quebec, Canada
Parrots
Kira and Misa, two females budgies and Hidalgo (Whiteface) and Cocotte (Lutino), a couple of cockatiels
Hi there!
My name is Elizabeth, I live in Quebec, Canada and I'm 21. I was born in the middle of the passion for animals as my mother loves every and all of them. We had pets as far as I can remember and we had our first bird, a male budgie, when I was about 10 years old. Eleven years later, I've taken care of many parrots, parakeets and others, either because I owned them or because I was a babysitter. We regularly babysit a Senegal parrot called Mango and we currently have 2 cockatiels, a male Whiteface and a female Lutino, plus 2 female budgies: a yellow-based dark green one and a yellow-faced turquoise one. I also got a zebra finch for my birthday when I was 13 and he's still up and kicking nearly 9 years later. This weekend, I'm going to follow a one-day training on how to care for parrotlets as my mum is offering me a Pacific parrotlet for Christmas this year (and in exchange I'm offering her a pedigree kitten, we're hardcore animal lovers). So I guess this is it, I hope I'll find answers to any questions I might have and be able to help anyone if I can! :blue2:

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Welcome to the forum ! It's amazing that you got a finch when you were 13 and now your 21 and he's still up and running ! Your lucky you are in a family of animal lovers, I'm the ONLY one in my family line and heritage that likes animals and wants to keep pets. Right now I have 2 budgies, my mom said in the summer if I get honor roll I could get a sun conure so I'm all focused on studying ! I always wanted a parrotlet, they are like little clowns lol I also read that you have a betta fish I breed them ! Even though I'm only eleven I just love breeding them. Last month I stopped though, because since bettas can have 200 to 300 offspring I couldnt afford to buy that many jars. With school, I always worry about them .

Last edited:

Most Reactions