New to the Forum

hjames7

Nov 22, 2017
Just signed up last night and am interested in learning all I can about what Owners/Caretakers go thru to care and provide for their Birds.

I'm Steven James, founder of "Feathers for Native Americans" which is a feather distribution program. [FONT=&quot]I have a passion for saving the Wild Macaw and Parrots of Central and South America and helping many Native Americans of the SouthWest in the process. It involves providing molted feathers of pet/family birds to Native Americans that use them for their customs and traditions as they have for hundreds of years and will for hundreds of years more. Unfortunately there is a market for feathers and most Native Americans can’t afford them but must do so, if not provided some other way. Many of the sources have been known to smuggle endangered and threatened species of Macaws and Parrots into this country for profit. We never buy or sell feathers, we gift them to the Native Americans at no cost or obligation on their part.
I'm well versed in the receiving side of this program (doing for over 20+ years) but want to hear from the Owner/Caretaker side.

If interested in more info, just ask. Thanks
[/FONT]

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Greetings from a 1/8 Choctaw... what an exciting and intriguing inspiration!
I found you on Facebook, and will look forward to learning more about you and your Cause. When I was living in New Mexico (yes, far from original Choctaw lands in Alabama, and later Oklahoma after the Trail of Tears), our parrot club regularly donated feathers to pueblos and related places and people. It was very gratifying. I wish you all the luck in the world, and look forward to learning more!

Micaiahholton

Oct 31, 2017
Parrots
Gus: Quaker
Welcome to You! This is an amazing organization it seems! I can't wait to learn more about it!

Most Reactions

Latest posts