New to this Forum....

ithica

Nov 10, 2012
Deployed again...
Parrots
Sun Conure, White Eyed Conure, 2 Green Wing Macaws, Military Macaw and 1st Gen Catalina Macaw
My wife and I are new to the birdy forums but not to the birdies themselves.
1. What is your first name and location? David and Brittany Weimert Fort Hood, Texas and Deployed...
2. Family and flock? 3 Girls, 1 Boy, 1 Sun Conure, 1 White Eyed Conure, 1 Military Macaw, 2 Green Wing Macaws and 1 1st Gen Catalina Macaw...looking for a Hyacinth Macaw
3. What do you do for a living? Military (deployment X6) and my wife is a loving wife
4. What are your (other!) hobbies? Prop Building
5. Share something interesting about you... Can't say...lol
6. How long have you been keeping birds? 3 years
7. What sparked your interest in them? My loving wife

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Welcome to Parrot Forums! I see you have a few feathered "red heads" in the family!!!

OP
ithica

ithica

Nov 10, 2012
Deployed again...
Parrots
Sun Conure, White Eyed Conure, 2 Green Wing Macaws, Military Macaw and 1st Gen Catalina Macaw
Oh yes and I still want one more addition but the problem is finding one without a scam. This is why I joined the Forums, to finds reliable people to point me in the right direction. Since I am deployed I figure I would treat us to a Hyacinth.. I'm very excited about this. Thank you for the warm welcome.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! You guys are really into Macaws. I can only deal with one Macaw...lol....

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
Wow I would love one Macaw and you have a handful of them. I'm rather jealous. ;)
Welcome to the forum. It would be lovely if you could share some pics of your birds... We all love photos. :)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey and welcome to the forum. What part of the world are you in. There's a few Hy here in Fla, are you looking baby or rehome.

OP
ithica

ithica

Nov 10, 2012
Deployed again...
Parrots
This is us and the Macaw Family... from left to right we have Mandalore, Baby Girl, Mogily and Bobo. Please know this is when we first got Mandalore and he was in bad shape.

317fcc9.jpg

This is the before and after shot of Mandalore...

2lk4cvn.jpg

Baby Girl and Mandalore doing "thunderbird"...

fn6684.jpg

Everyone but Snickett...

dpil9c.jpg

Me and the boys after a long day of work...

alkykk.jpg

Last edited:

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Welcome! It's nice to see another 4-Macaw household join :D. Your birds look stunning together! If I allowed my guys to perch on me all at once, as you're doing in your photo, there's little doubt that World War III would ensue here:smile029:. You have quite an impressive flock!

Most Reactions

Latest posts