New U2 - Ozzy

jensea

Oct 2, 2015
North Carolina
Parrots
Quaker - blue - baby
We've been looking for a Cockatoo to join our flock and met Ozzy today. I was told he's roughly 8 years old, appears to be well adjusted, and says "I love you" as his "hello". We brought him home tonight and we're just letting him chill and observe us. He's been talking to us and tries to get our attention here and there. He's already sang his "oh baby" song to us.

I'm looking forward to getting to know him and his personality. Looks like he needs a little work with step up and step down. We noticed that his owner basically picked him up off his cage.. but he did willingly step from his owner to our arms when we presented them. Baby steps!

He's a handsome fella.. and I have no doubt we'll be working to help him adjust! I took a pic of him on his cage before we left and the other is while we were taking him home.

Attachments

• 20151101_151855.jpg
    20151101_151855.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 197
  • 20151101_154924.jpg
    20151101_154924.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 172

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Wow, Ozzy appears to be in excellent feather, beautiful bird!!

There are several members very adept at U2 personalities and challenges!

OP
J

jensea

Oct 2, 2015
North Carolina
Parrots
Quaker - blue - baby
I was very surprised to see him in more than acceptable condition considering his diet is very lacking in fresh foods. He mainly eats pellets and I won't alarm you with the unhealthy stuff he was fed. So I think we found a good 2 that has tons of potential. I believe his original owner's work provided him a good foundation.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations! Ozzy is an incredibly handsome U2! Best of luck with your newest addition!

Looking forward to hearing about Ozzy's progress.

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Ozzy is beautiful! Can't wait to hear updates!

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
Of all my birds, and all the others have been with me for several years, Rocky is the one most willing to try new food. He's the only 'Too I know, so he might not be typical, but if he is, Ozzy will probably happily taste almost any food you offer, and getting him on a healthy diet again shouldn't be a problem.

OP
J

jensea

Oct 2, 2015
North Carolina
Parrots
Quaker - blue - baby
Today he has humored me and tasted a few foods but has refused mostly everything but pellets and cheese! I'll chalk it up to adjusting to a new home, but I'm pretty sure he was not given fresh foods. And that's okay :) He'll get an assortment of fresh foods every day and I bet he'll eventually eat something!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Today he has humored me and tasted a few foods but has refused mostly everything but pellets and cheese! I'll chalk it up to adjusting to a new home, but I'm pretty sure he was not given fresh foods. And that's okay :) He'll get an assortment of fresh foods every day and I bet he'll eventually eat something!!

Try eating some of the new foods in front of him. They are definitely flock eaters!!

OP
J

jensea

Oct 2, 2015
North Carolina
Parrots
Quaker - blue - baby
I did and he was not impressed LOL He went and got a pellet instead. They were feeding him the zupreem pellets for large parrots and he seems to really work at breaking those down. Anyone know if that's normal for that brand? He'll be transitioned to another pellet but it'll take time.

Last edited:
OP
J

jensea

Oct 2, 2015
North Carolina
Parrots
Quaker - blue - baby
Ohhh..and how the heck do you understand what they say? I can make out some things, (I love you, Ozzy good), but everything else sounds like gibberish and he's trying so hard to talk to me. I feel bad that I don't understand him..

ToMang07

Jul 14, 2015
Maine, USA
Parrots
Willow the Umbrella Cockatoo
Ohhh..and how the heck do you understand what they say? I can make out some things, (I love you, Ozzy good), but everything else sounds like gibberish and he's trying so hard to talk to me. I feel bad that I don't understand him..

Get used to it. Willow will go on long rants/storys of the injustices she's suffered...she's the only one who knows what she's saying, lol

This morning however...she was clear as a bell. "Hello pretty bird" "what's up?" "What are you doing?" "Pretty Willow" and a few more were my 7am alarm clock.

BTW Cockatoo alarms do not adjust for daylight savings nor do they come with snooze buttons.

Ozzy is a handsome boy, congrats!

Most Reactions

Latest posts