new video camera!

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
For my mom's birthday she got a Nikon D3200, I set it up for her today and to test out the card I took some videos of Rosie and Kenji :D She said she would let me borrow it sometimes for videos since my DSLR doesn't have a video function *cry* lol. Any video I've posted so far has been with my Iphone 3G

The lighting isn't great so the quality isn't as good as it could of been, but it's still way better than my videos haha

Rosie's test video. first clip kinda sucks, but I always laugh when Kenji makes those dinosaur noises.
[ame="http://youtu.be/Kl4gtKMUpdE"]Rosie camera test - YouTube[/ame]

Kenji's test video
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm8gpUJTLKA&feature=share&list=UU5QPzcyW6sHN0OBkffHzk7A"]Kenji eating nuts - YouTube[/ame]

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
awwww!! I am going to show this to Gilbert when i get home from work. He will love it. I just watched quickly at the office, i'll turn it up louder at home.

I wanted a DSLR for my birthday, which is coming SO SOON, but i am pretty darn sure i'm not getting one.

Have fun playing!!!

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
awwww!! I am going to show this to Gilbert when i get home from work. He will love it. I just watched quickly at the office, i'll turn it up louder at home.

I wanted a DSLR for my birthday, which is coming SO SOON, but i am pretty darn sure i'm not getting one.

Have fun playing!!!

You can find some pretty good deals on DSLR camera now, when I got my camera(Nikon D3000) it was over $1,000 for the body and 2 lenses D: I've thought about selling it to help me buy the new camera I want, but you can buy a new one off amazon for under $400 so selling it wouldn't help much. There's also the Nikon D3100 that can take video, you can buy it off amazon for under $500 with one or two lenses.

I hope Gilbert likes the videos :D

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Thanks. The last time i really knew anything about cameras...was when i got my Canon AE1 Program. LOL. Makes me feel like a dinosaur. It had an olympic commemorative cap (i lost it on a HS trip to Germany in 1988 and bought a replacement cap in Germany). "The official camera of the 1984 olympics."

There is something gratifying about how "manual" everything is on those old cameras.

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Thanks. The last time i really knew anything about cameras...was when i got my Canon AE1 Program. LOL. Makes me feel like a dinosaur. It had an olympic commemorative cap (i lost it on a HS trip to Germany in 1988 and bought a replacement cap in Germany). "The official camera of the 1984 olympics."

There is something gratifying about how "manual" everything is on those old cameras.
When I was taking B&W film photogragh a bunch of people had the Canon AE1 Progra, it worked pretty good. You'll be amazed using the new DSLR's one day when you get one, it's so satisfying to not be limited by a roll of film and to see the photos instantly.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
By the way, when Gilbert watched the video, he was trying to eat with Kenji! LOL

Most Reactions

Latest posts