New White Fronted Amazon Owner

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
OH My what sad news!!!! Mr Biggles and Salty were compatriots, ariving here on Parrot Forums almost at the same time. Biggs was boss! We, Geri and I are in shock. Glad you are giving another amazon a chance, I know he will be a lucky birdie.

I made a donation just now, to Cornell University's Vet program, in Mr Biggles name, with the express condition that the funds are to be used for parrot related studies and programs. He will be remembered not only there, but in our house as well. Fyly high, Biggs, fly high.
Yes indeed Salty and Mr Biggles arrived here just about the same time...I'm so glad Salty is well and thank you so much for the kind donation and lovely memories. I know Mr Biggles will be watching over Salty too just like he is doing over my new boy Rodney .
Thank you to both you and Gerri ♡

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Thank you Flboy ♡

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I am so deeply sorry for your loss, BIRDIGIRL. This was a shock, as I've always been in love with the story of you and your beloved Mr. Biggles. I can say that I know you brought immeasurable joy to his life, and that you were as much a blessing to him as he was to you. Sending hugs your way!

And congratulations on the newest member of your household! Rodney seems to be settling in quite nicely. I'm hoping to see a lot more of him (and you) hereabouts. You've been well missed, my friend.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Mary, I am so very sorry about Mr. Biggles. My heart goes out to you, my Friend.
I am so glad that Rodney has joined your family! You have so much love to give, and it is a such a wonderful tribute to Mr. Biggles that you have opened your heart to another in need.
I have also really missed you around here!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
My deepest condolences, for your loss. I can't even imagine. :smile016:

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Thank you Anansi ♡
Internet is not great here and time is more limited too these days, so I wont be posting a lot but I hope to start a thread for Rodney and add to it like I did for Mr Biggles. It will mainly be video as its easier upload the video to youtube than to upload a pic...true it takes hours to upload to youtube but the difference is I can just click it in and leave it and hours later its done, whereas on a bad internet like mine pics take forever to upload and you have to stay with them while they upload which is very time consuming and takes away from the time I get with my dogs and cats and birds and work too...it has on occasion taken me almost an hour to upload a pic unbelievable as it may sound :)

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Thank you Terry57, mr Biggles was one in a million and no one will ever take his place, but this new guy is creating his own space in my heart by the hour.
He's not at all as wild and aggressive as they said he was, unless there is a side to him I have yet to see.
I will try and open a thread for Rodney and post as often as I can, but internet here is really bad for the past number of years since it stopped being subsidized by the government. Thank you Terry for your kind words ♡

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Thank you Tami2 ♡

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am so sorry, my deepest condolences for your loss of Mr. Biggles.

A dear friend once shared the following:
74682fb83be53ce22471771b61ea5b06.jpg

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Thank you Scott for those Beautiful words and thoughts ...the tears though they still fall at times are now quickly turned to laughter by Rodney's comical antics ...Thank you ♡

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thank you Scott for those Beautiful words and thoughts ...the tears though they still fall at times are now quickly turned to laughter by Rodney's comical antics ...Thank you ♡

Rodney's presence will help immensely as you grieve.

jhsatx

Jul 23, 2016
Y’all were so fortunate to find each other, you’re a wonderful parront.
Mr Biggles,,,one in a million.
So so sorry for for your loss.

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Thank you jhsatx <3

Most Reactions