New windows make such a BIG difference!!!!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
We just got new windows put in today by Lowe's. We got the Thermastar 20 series double hung windows. The windows we had were in very bad shape, the old model windows that's retired...lol....All I can say is OMG! Not only they look amazing but it really cut the noise level down if your in the house you can barely hear what's outside and when your outside you can barely hear Java screaming inside...lol....

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lol yeah we had double flazing put in a few yrs back, really cut out the noise ans drafts lol

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Oh, you will be so happy! No more drafts, easy to open and clean, and you will definitely save on heating/cooling. And yes, they make a big difference on what you hear from outside and what others hear from your house. However, if I had to do it over again, I would not buy a house with 27 huge windows as that was quite an expense. I had to do it in 2 stages, saving a lot of money in between.

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Congrats! We still haven't replaced ours, a big mistake on our part. I have enough privacy fence to enclose a football field, but old alum crank out windows. I think my priorities are screwed up. Our windows are very wide but only 30" tall so we wanted to put something in a little larger when we did it. A good reason to put it off, but wish we had taken care of this a long time ago.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Woo, new windows are awesome. You really will see the difference in money saving soon :)

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
That's great ! You will save a bundle in heating and air conditioning , that's for sure.
More money for birdie toys , lolol.

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
What's even more awesome is Lowes give us a $200 gift card and TVA give us a check for $500 because we're replacing energy efficient windows. We noticed a HUGE difference this morning in the bedroom. Ever since our neighbors cut down their huge tree and when the sun hits it cooks the room. This morning it did not cook the room!!! The room is cooler too....

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
That is "cool" ! lol. Enjoy the $500. too , lol.

Most Reactions