yumaillady

Apr 25, 2018
Media
Hi,
My kids, some friends and neighbors years ago used to refer to me as the bird lady. Lol. I started out with Boo & Blue (a couple of budgies), then came Zasu (a cockatiel),after that Sam (a blue crown conure) and then came Jake (a Congo African Grey). I loved them all. It has been almost twenty years since I've had a bird companion. But an opportunity has been presented to me and I find myself both very excited AND nervous. There is a scarlet macaw looking for a new home. I was given this opportunity over a week ago, I have been doing lots of research and found your site and have learned a lot already from all of you. I am going to be bringing him home today. I have been told that he is 30 years old. I can't wait to meet him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and your soon to be new Scarlet! I'd recommend reading the "sticky" threads atop the Macaw Forum. Looking forward to learning more about your new companion! You'll have many questions, let us know!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome! I hope you’ll share some pictures once you bring him home :)

DiscoDuck

Banned
Banned
Jun 9, 2012
Media
Wilmington DE - Landenberg PA
Parrots
Rudy - Hybrid Ruby Macaw Born 6/6/15 Scarlet Mother/Green Wing Father - Oliver BFA RIP 3/15/15 @ 34yo. Without you, I would not have Rudy. Thank you!
welcoming a scarlet!
DNA 123 says I got a little Scarlet in me!

Im not a Disco Duck. I am a glider airplane.

discoduck-albums-rudy-brandywine-picture19910-im-not-bird-im-glider.jpg

Most Reactions