nice to meet you

vic

May 11, 2013
:blue1:hi all
my name is vicki and i am new. I am blessed to have a six month old blue and gold named carmen she is a bird we rescued through a freind we found out that some maniac tried to set fire to her. I am doing everything i can to make her calm and feed her well we have had her just over 8 weeks and i am now able to touch her head and belly and feed her by hand she is also starting to talk , Any advice is greatly recieved looking forward to getting to know every one xx

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for saving this poor angel! I have worked in Animal Welfare & Rescue, and have known animals that people have set on fire. What a horrible thing to do! I cannot imagine how someone can even think of doing that. There are a lot of Macaw guardians here, so, search our Macaw section for lots of useful information. And, again, bless you for helping this baby.

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
OMG

That is so sad, who could do these things!
Thank you for saving this baby, I'm sure some Macaw owners will be along soon.
Just keep doing what your doing, building trust and establishing bond is definately the right direction.

Bill, this happens often? grrrrrrrr

OP
V

vic

May 11, 2013
thanks guys you all seem very nice . I am doing my best for her but its a total shot in the dark i figure thats shes better of with me a total rookie than the excuse for a human being we took her from at the very least she gets lots of love:53:

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
thanks guys you all seem very nice . I am doing my best for her but its a total shot in the dark i figure thats shes better of with me a total rookie than the excuse for a human being we took her from at the very least she gets lots of love:53:

I totally agree, rookies learn
maniacs well.........................enough said

Lots of love, you are on the right path. So much good information in these forums on diet and care and if you have any questions just Ask!!

Birdlover1

May 10, 2013
MaryLand
Parrots
Echo a male B&G Macaw
Welcome!

OH MY!?Thats awful!Im sure she'll warm right up to you in a few days after lots of petting and hand feeding.Best of luck to you!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
welcome to the forum Vic.

OMG! what sick people would do that?
congratulations on taking on such a magnificent bird, they are gorgeous....and LOUD, lol.
I just love people who do this.

Most Reactions