Nimbus' health

Akraya

May 7, 2012
Brisbane, QLD
Parrots
Misha - Yellowsided GCC
Guapo - Cinnamon GCC
Nimbus - Alexandrine
So I said I'd keep you guys updated on Nimbus, I've moved back to Brisbane which was a little jarry for her but she's settled in really well now. Went to a proper avian vet finally and talked about her earlier trauma and her star gazing and had some blood tests done and the vet said that she most likely had a brain bleed which led to the seizures and it has left scarring, so I have a brain damaged bird.

She is otherwise in excellent health and all the physio and training I've done with her was the best thing for her, her only signs (6 months on) is a little clumsiness when climbing around (she doesn't look where she puts her feet, she just goes for it!) and she is still developmentally young, and only just starting to moult at 10 months. I have to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't start seizing in the future otherwise we need to reassess her quality of life but vet says it's excellent now and she's had no seizures for 6 months so fingers crossed I'll get to keep my little girl for many MANY years to come.

Just wanted to share to see if anyone's had to deal with a similar condition, or to at least be the first to talk about it. Thanks for reading.

MrSquak

Feb 14, 2012
GuangZhou China - Hong Kong
Parrots
Tango: Alexandrine
Talon: congo african grey
So glad to hear that nimbus is doing well. I love following the adventures of nimbus. Post some new pics of the little guy! And give nimbus a big kiss on the beak from Chris and Adama!

Last edited:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I hope Nimbus does well for you and you've done great things to keep Nimbus safe and happy. :)

MrSquak

Feb 14, 2012
GuangZhou China - Hong Kong
Parrots
Tango: Alexandrine
Talon: congo african grey
Yeah...I'm sure you'll keep that bird safe and happy.

i love the pictures of the little guy you've posted. Especially the one of nimbus turning up the beak at the conures!

Most Reactions

Latest posts