No Brady it is not a snake...

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Last week on Wednesday I was collecting the trash for trash pick up the following day and began to question my sanity. After all I was cleaning 5 cages with only 3 birds. Let me explain I have two cages for both Willow and Brady. 2 larger ones in the bird room for sleep and when I will be gone from the house and two smaller ones in the living room. Then Meegosh's cage is in the studio for quarantine.

I got the smaller cage for Brady so she could go into the cage when she wanted to eat and drink because the stand she likes the best doesn't have bowls.
Brady stays on the stand unless something really scares her, so I thought wait I have big crocks maybe she would be happy with that. One less extra cage to clean is a good thing. April's wonderful bridge made me think of taking the boing from the bird room that no one uses and attaching it so that Brady could go to the bigger stand if she wanted to. Well you would have thought it was a giant blue Anaconda because Brady would NOT go near it. Now one week later she has overcome her fear. Willow needs the extra cage because if I am not watching her every second she is still to much of a baby and is into everything!

Okay...maybe not a snake, I will test it....
IMG_6104_zps1urwokja.jpg

All seems well....but I will keep my butt on the safe one to be sure.
IMG_6103_zps1pvebsx7.jpg

Crossed over to the dark side... I am a fearless green queen!
IMG_6107_zpsvo7xuq85.jpg

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
ROFLMAO @ Well you would have thought it was a giant blue Anaconda

Oh Brady, you silly goose! Mommy attached a bird-eating snake, and thought you'd be fine, hey?

Love the photos, Laura!!! Loved the narrative just as much! :D

Brady's got one awesome setup right there, hours and hours of fun and entertainment.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
LOL!!! Husband and I were joking about Buddy, my GCA, being afraid of everything last night. I understand changes in the environment they are Leary of, but one day, Buddy pulled a flight feather and dropped it on me. I picked it up, showed him and he started crying and ran, lol! He's afraid and Leary of everything.

That big snake you put in kindly for Brady is a MAJOR disruption, lol!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Glad to see that Brady eventually overcame her fear of the big blue anaconda! (Love that boing color! Is that one of Shirre's custom jobs?) And I like how she just goes out a little at a time. You know... just in case the snake reverted to type! Hahaha!

And that's a sweet setup, Laura! Like I told you when I first saw it, I especially love that playstand on the right! Where did you get it?

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I love that one the most even though it doesn't have bowls. I found it on Craigslist and drove 2 hrs one way to get it! I only paid 100.00 for it too!:D The boing is one I ordered but I would love to get one from Shirre at some point her's look so well made!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
That's pretty typical.

Most of mine have done the exact same thing, immediately before the boing became their favorite perch... nobody else can go on it... don't touch it... that's mine!

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Lolololol!

Oh Brady, you're such a silly birdie!

That's a great setup, Laura.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Laura, I love your birds! That second photo of Brady is priceless! She looks like she's found a great new perch but there's the possibility it could consume her at any given moment.

Brady, you are a brave girl and you look very pretty on your new rope perch.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I love that one the most even though it doesn't have bowls. I found it on Craigslist and drove 2 hrs one way to get it! I only paid 100.00 for it too!:D The boing is one I ordered but I would love to get one from Shirre at some point her's look so well made!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!? Only $100?!? Sweet buy! I'd have done a 4 hour round trip for that, too! Such a beautiful piece.

Most Reactions

Latest posts