Nonstick cookware

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
The ceramic cookware are different. I have the Martha Stewart brand that are sold at Macy's with a light (white/beige-ish) interior. They are safe and work well, but PLEASE, this is something you want to check out for yourself, read up on it.

Tro

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
1 green cheek conure
PTFE is in a lot of nonstick cookware not just teflon so be careful. I also use ceramic nonstick pans that don't have ptfe in it. I use the green pan.

Kissed82

Dec 28, 2013
Denver -ish
Parrots
Nero-B&G Macaw-hatch 12/20/11-DNA male
Ocha-G Quaker-7yo- Female
Razzbin-Jenday Conure- hatch 1/21/13- ?
Hard Anodized Cookware vs. Non-stick cookware | The-Cookingpot.com

The above link is a great explanation of Hard Anodized Cookware vs. Non-stick cookware.
I own a full set of hard anodized, you get all the benefits of non stick without the danger to your birds, yourself, family, and friends.

Emeril Lagasse has a great set for like $200. ( that is what I have and love love love it)

Feu

Apr 16, 2011
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Huginn - Black Headed Caique (male, hatched March 2011)
I've got stainless steel and cast iron, but I'm really excited about the potential of the ceramic stuff! Every year my mother wants to get me cooking stuff for Christmas, but it's always got PTFE in it, so my siblings get it instead.

Most Reactions