noodles and cheese

Blackfang320

Apr 18, 2011
near pittsburgh PA
Parrots
a beautiful baby Cinn. Turq. girl Beanie =)
hey guys im new to my GCC and i heard noodles were good or ok for them to eat is this true? also what about cheese? i knoe its a diary and diary is bad but are small amounts are ok or anything? i love noodles so thats why im asking but i don't eat them plain i eat like fettucni alfreado and mac nd cheese and stuff or garlic butter any help would be largely appricated =) also what about peanutbutter? is it ok, any recipies for birdie foods are appricated too =)

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
peanut butter is really fattening, but what i do as nut likes it lol is smear a tiny amount, less then pea sized around and in a plastic bottle cap, it keeps her busy for ages, as she tries to pick and lick it out! i do this once twice a week, especially if we are goin to be out at work for long periods, part of her foraging treats

pasta is fine (wholemeal is better) but as always any added fat is bad, so i tend to keep nuts portion fat free

as for cheese i first read that it was bad, then i read some ppl's birds love it and they feed it to there birds in small amounts, nut likes it, but she gets all of a crumb, not even once a week, avoid processed as that tends to have other preservatives/colouring type ingredients in, and as cheese is fatty thats another reason to avoid, but its also a good source of calcium??

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Chico LOVES cheese. He once flew down to my daughter to share a bite of string cheese with her and flew off with the whole stick of cheese. (Don't worry I got it back.) I think in one of his other homes he was aloud to have a lot of junk food. He always screams when a chip bag opens, or for popcorn. Bean enjoys yogurt once in awhile, but thats usually only once a month, since we aren't big yogurt eaters.

When I boil noodles I always put plain ones on the side for the parrots. Mine like the multi colored ones.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
When we have pasta, I always set a little aside for our birdies so they'll get some without any sauce or anything on it. They love all shapes of pasta - wheels and rigatoni and shells and rotini and radiatori (their favorite at the moment) even angel hair.

We do let them have a little cheese now and then. Ruby loves it so we always have to share with her.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I also save aside a couple noodles before I add sauce or cheese. You probably don't want to give it mac n cheese, the boxed kind contains a lot of salt.

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
My babies love noodles....i have switched to whole wheat noodles and to my surprise they are pretty good. They just take longer to cook. Each of the birds get a small amount about once a week. You never want to give them an over abundance of something, everything in moderation....besides to much startch is bad for them.

Mine also love cheese and get a bite of it maybe twice a month.
Once in awhile when I have toast with peanut butter I let the birds have a little bite of that. They love peanut butter.

Most Reactions