North West Alabama?

MyWorldtwo

Mar 1, 2012
Alabama
Parrots
Mango the B&G Macaw
Jake the Mexican Redheaded Amazon
Hi
I am a transplanted Floridian. In SW Florida I had what I considered the avian certified vet of the century, who is both very affordable and caring, and my choice of 2 amazing bird sitters where I brought my birds to them.

Now I am in Alabama and while I found an avian certified vet, I don't care for him or his prices. I guess if I liked his manner better, I would not feel so bad about the charges.

I have yet to find a bird sitter. I won't leave my birds with someone who does not have large bird experience, and a clean, well kept facility. I would be happy to drive up to 2 hours for the right sitter.

If there are any NW Alabama parrot owners with some suggestions for me, I would be so appreciative.

Last edited:

uplink

Jan 31, 2011
There is one in Hartselle Alabama. I haven't personally used her, but I have heard nothing but good things about the vet there. I am in No. East Alabama and use one in H'ville that I have been pleased with. Hartselle would probably be closer depending upon what part of No. West Alabama you are in. I can get you names if you would like.

Most Reactions

Latest posts