Nose Bump

OP
Meekmeister

Meekmeister

Oct 30, 2016
Florida
Parrots
Meeko a male 6 year old white-bellied caique
I have no idea, but when faced with an unresolved issue I have two trusted vet sources and I think both will do phone consultations if you are not in proximity. One is Dr. Brian Speer at The Medical Center for Birds - Oakley, CA - and the other is Dr. Todd Cecil at Pet Emergency & Specialty Center of San Diego Pet Emergency Service Center.

That's very helpful, thank you!

come to think of it, you can also check out AAV online. Association of avian veterinarians. They have a referal list on their website. good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool! Thank you :)

OP
Meekmeister

Meekmeister

Oct 30, 2016
Florida
Parrots
Meeko a male 6 year old white-bellied caique
Any update on getting him to a different avian vet to get this diagnosed? I was thinking about him, the poor little guy. The sooner you get it diagnosed the better. If nothing else, could you take him back to your regular avian vet, but this time make the appointment specifically for the lump and ask her to aspirate/biopsy it? I'm sure she didn't do it the first time because you weren't concerned about it at that point, as you said, but looking at the photos the lump is definitely large enough now that she should be very concerned about it too. If it isn't painful and doesn't bother him at all when it's touched, then it's definitely not an infection of any kind, though it could very well develop into an infection on top of whatever it actually is if it's not treated soon.

"Dance Like Nobody's Watching"

I have called and the avian vet is on vacation and won't be back for about a week, currently looking into the links and another vet someone suggested. I agree though, she was probably not concerned because I wasn't. If I notice any changed in it I will go to the other suggested vet before she returns from vacation. And I'm glad you mentioned I make it specifically for the bump so she knows my stance on it on getting it a biopsy.

Most Reactions

Latest posts