Not happy at pet shop but still happy with harry

alan_tre

Dec 3, 2011
Ok one of my mates came to see harry and said i dont think thats a red bellied parrot alan i think its a Maroon-bellied Conures

i went into the garden center and after about 10 mins of her calling around they said yes am sorry its not a red bellied parrot.

now this does not change my views on harry as i love him to bits now

but how can they get this so wrong?

:mad:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Well, maroon bellied conures are pretty popular here on this forum with many happy owners. I'm sure you will be one! How the pet shop messed that up I can't really guess. Obviously the employees don't know their birds very well.

Pearl

Dec 2, 2011
Denver, CO
Parrots
Butter - Lovebird * Basil - Cockatiel * Bean - Budgie * Barley - Budgie
I'd ask for a refund of the difference in price! A red bellied parrot is much more expensive than a maroon bellied conure, maybe more than twice as much. If you love him of course keep him, but make the store reimburse you the difference and spend it on some wonderful toys or a big cage!

OP
A

alan_tre

Dec 3, 2011
well i paid £180 he came with a cage and two weeks worth of food.

Not sure if this seems correct for him? il post a pic up of him soon as if im honest i still dont trust the girl there im sure you guys will know from a pic?

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Hi Alan
Maroon Bellied Conures are lovely and yes Red Bellied Parrots are more expensive, but for the 180.00 you paid for Him with the cage, this was a very good price. Are you in the UK?

Look forward to seeing some pics of him :D

OP
A

alan_tre

Dec 3, 2011
hello yes i want to make it clear i dont care what he is or isnt it was more the fact i thought i bought a red bellied parrot lol. hes soo funny i can still see that hes ok with me but not wahooo its you...(for now any way) every days hes more hyper to see me.

every time i get up from my sofa he gets ready to fly on me its so funny if i sit forward he almost warms up like a footballer lol.. then i walk towards the door and oo hello harry lol

but i will post some pics soon.

yes im in the uk just north of newcastle (cramlington)

hes stepping up 50% of the time now which is much better than flying away every time i put my hand near him lol

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Actually 180 pounds including the cage and some food sounds like a good price. I doubt you would do better in the states.

I can see pet shop employees mixing up red belly with maroon belly. 2 different species from 2 different continents, but both nice pets. I adore conures:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts