Not so long ago in a far away place...

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Two sets of orange eyes met across a breeders aviary. They were different but drawn to each other and no other. So in an act of defiance and determination they set up nocturnal meetings in secret. This was a love that couldn't be denied. They knew there would be disapproving eyes and negative opinions of their illicit affair but they didn't care and threw caution and restraint to the wind.

Two eggs were laid and lovingly tended, only one hatched, they cared for him with devotion, a symbol of the affection they had found in one another, and so starts the story of my "little love child" Mojo. Mama was a yellow nape and daddy was a very large Blue front.

He is the last addition to my flock and while I am not usually a fan of hybrids something about this little love child drew me.

IMG_4943_zps9e2f9f96.jpg

IMG_4947_zps408c121a.jpg

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
*GASP* oh my word!!! Mojo is adorable and gorgeous!! What a sweet face!!!

Is Mojo at home with you already?? I loved how you wrote their story- made my eyes a bit sweaty lol

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Yep, he is here with me now, whats one more to feed right! :p

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Aw aw aw. Cuteness overload. (story and pictures combined.. aww!!!)

What a sweetie. Did you just stumble upon him?

Yes, I try not to look to much, way too tempting... but this one I heard about, saw the pics when he was 4 weeks and fell in love!

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
AWWWW, what a cutie!!

I would have taken him home, too. How could you not?!

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
I'm curious as to what his adult coloring will be, too!

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Yep, he is here with me now, whats one more to feed right! :p

Ha! Sounds completely logical to me! The more the merrier!! What does MeMe think of Mojo?

They are being kept apart right now as best I can for quarantine. Plus MeMe is so hyper independent right now. She still loves to cuddle with momma but she LOVES flying from the java stand and back to me when I call her, over and over she will play this game until her and I are both tuckered.

I have been playing with the idea of changing MeMe's name to Mystic. Which not only fits her better but is more unisex since I still don't actually know sex but am now leaning more toward male.

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas

Yes, I try not to look to much, way too tempting... but this one I heard about, saw the pics when he was 4 weeks and fell in love!

I feel your pain.. I'm not allowing myself to look at CL or anything else that could potentially advertise a bird to me. Not until I move into a house, anyway. ;)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, Mojo is adorable!! No wonder you couldn't say not to that beautiful little face:)
Congratulations, Laura, what a sweet little baby!

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East

I feel your pain.. I'm not allowing myself to look at CL or anything else that could potentially advertise a bird to me. Not until I move into a house, anyway. ;)

For me it's not a matter of room, we have a huge house and since it's just the hubby and I as far as humans go we sometimes feel like two peas rolling around in a big can but it does come down to time and having enough of it.

I give everyone personal time although the eclectus don't require as much (cuddle time anyway) and they have their own room where they are able to interact as a flock and they really do for the most part enjoy each others company. I don't want to spread myself too thin. Lately I am not painting as much as I should but the babies are babies for only so long so I want to cuddle and spoil as much as I can.:D

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
OMG, MeMe and Mojo (or is it Mojo & MeMe) the color combos in his head are IRRESISTIBLE !!!!
I started to feel like I was reading a Love Story, ever do any writing ?
You are SO LUCKY to get this birdie !!

What is the story behind finding him?

Rissa just went into overload when I read her your story and showed her the pictures

Wishing you All The BEST !!..... Video?? :p

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Oh what a gorgeous baby! Look at those big deep eyes! No wonder he stole your heart (mine would be stolen too).

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
OMG, MeMe and Mojo (or is it Mojo & MeMe) the color combos in his head are IRRESISTIBLE !!!!
I started to feel like I was reading a Love Story, ever do any writing ?
You are SO LUCKY to get this birdie !!

What is the story behind finding him?

Rissa just went into overload when I read her your story and showed her the pictures

Wishing you All The BEST !!..... Video?? :p

Lol I wrote poetry when I was younger, some short stories in college but my best was children's stories for my boys when they were growing up that always had them in it as the main characters. Stories of valor and love and courage, my sons remember their bedtime stories fondly.:D

I just heard about him by accident really, contacted the breeder, saw the pics and had to have him! I am so glad Rissa enjoyed the story and pics. :D

Well it's Mojo for sure because I feel it fits him (which is like a good luck charm) as in gris gris bag which comes from a collection of things that a person carries with them for luck. As for MeMe I have been thinking of changing her name to Mystic, it fits her better, she is simply amazing! I am often surprised at her actions and how much she is trying to speak so young. There are already so many things that she says that get clearer every day! I don't teach my birds to say their names typically I teach them stuff that they would say to me or another person. The only way she has heard MeMe is when I have told her it's all about MeMe. So it will probably be Mystic and Mojo!:D Also I am now thinking that MeMe could be male even though I haven't found out for sure, and Mystic is more gender neutral.

Video's will hopefully be something I can get to soon.:)

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
So can I get opinions on changing MeMe to Mystic...What do you all think? Which name do you like better and why?

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
hahaha! Omg, that was the best introduction to a new fid I've ever seen! Thanks for the late night giggles :) And Mojo is absolutely ADORABLE! I can't wait until quarantine is over so I can enjoy cuteness overload from pictures of Mojo and MeMe (perhaps soon to be Mystic - ps, I love that name!).

I'd seriously love to see a picture of your giant beautiful flock one day. And I'd love another great intro story to it, too! ;) Thanks for sharing!

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
my best was children's stories for my boys when they were growing up that always had them in it as the main characters. Stories of valor and love and courage, my sons remember their bedtime stories fondly

Your Boys are VERY Lucky to have a Mom like You!!

So can I get opinions on changing MeMe to Mystic...What do you all think? Which name do you like better and why?

I like "MeMe" always made me smile, I don't know, you're asking a person who named a Parrotlet "Itsy Bitsy" (who my daughter started calling Cutesie) Now We All Call the Bird Cutesie :confused:

Mystic seems a bit too "official" (like "Psychic" ) Maybe I'm just weird ? :silly: My vote is for MeMe

Most Reactions

Latest posts