Now owned by a Conure!

Cutlasss

Jul 26, 2010
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum today. After months and months of research, reading and hunting for the right bird and opportunity, I finally found my Conure. I was looking at possibly getting a baby from a breader, but there aren't too many breaders around here. But then I got lucky and a nice lady was selling her 2 year old Crimson Bellied Conure for a good price (his name is Kiwi). So I got to go see him and check out her situation and was very pleased. She has quite a few larger parrots and also takes in stray cats until they can be found new homes. Hence the reasoning she was willing to part with Kiwi. She was afraid for him with all the cats around and didn't want to have him trapped in the bird room all his life. She has a wonderful bird room (I'm jealous) and he was a healthy happy little guy. So after convincing my wife I needed another bird, I went and picked him up yesterday. The poor little guy got a double whammy, moving to a new house and getting a new home of his own at his new house. Although the cage she gave me with him is about 3 times the size of the cage she was keeping him in at her house. Knowing full well I should just leave him alone until he gets a bit accustomed to his new surroundings, I couldn't just leave him alone in that big cage. But in less than 1/2 an hour he was snuggling with me, talking to me (he likes to say watcha doing) and letting me scratch his head and chin. That was great, I'm so happy he has taken to me so fast. Although from what I have read about Conures, it shouldn't be too suprising to me!! I'll give him a few more days to let his true colors shine through, I know we're in the "honeymoon" phase ;)
I also have two great Cockatiels (Julie & Emma, 10 months old) that love attention, so I'll have to work on that sharing thing with all of them. I don't intend to have them all out at once, because even though they are quite a bit bigger than Kiwi, my Tiels are little chickens and I'm sure Kiwi will figure that out in a hurry!!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts