Nutriberries

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
They are a treat and a fun foot food. A ball of millet, pellets and other ingredients bound together. There are several varieties of them that have spicy ingredients, fruit, grains and such. I'm using them as an aid to help get my old bird onto a better diet. So she is getting about 5-6 a day but I plan on reducing it to an occasional treat from time to time as her diet continues to improve.

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
My birds LOVE them! I put them in with their pellets (one to two at a time) Sometimes they get four total in a whole day. Sometimes just during their snacktime in the afternoon. They are my birds most fav thing!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
My bird loves them, too. I give her one a day as a treat. They can also be used for medications, should your bird ever become ill. If you get to the point where having to catch your bird to force a syringe into it gets very difficult, you can split the Nutriberry in half and put the medication on it. Let it dry for an hour, remove the pellets and put in the berry. That way you will know if the entire (half) berry was consumed.

I am now working with my birds on taking a syringe of handfeeding formula so that if either is ever sick again, it will hopefully take the medication easier.

And just in case, I'm trying to get my amazon to also eat Nutriberries.

osnyder

Sep 26, 2011
Philadelphia
Parrots
Stitch the Blue Crown Conure
I use them as a first thing in the morning treat and when I get home treat. Geordi is a big fan.

SunMommy

Nov 6, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Pyro, my new baby sun conure
My bird loves them, too. I give her one a day as a treat. They can also be used for medications, should your bird ever become ill. If you get to the point where having to catch your bird to force a syringe into it gets very difficult, you can split the Nutriberry in half and put the medication on it. Let it dry for an hour, remove the pellets and put in the berry. That way you will know if the entire (half) berry was consumed.

I am now working with my birds on taking a syringe of handfeeding formula so that if either is ever sick again, it will hopefully take the medication easier.

And just in case, I'm trying to get my amazon to also eat Nutriberries.

Pyro still takes formula about 3 times a day, but once he weans I will keep him familiar with the syringe for this very reason.

edit: I forget to add that Pyro wont touch his nutriberries. He is so picky!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
My BC would only eat the Nutriberries if they were the only thing in the dish. My Nanday ranks them up there with spaghetti and her veggies as favorite foods.

Most Reactions

Latest posts