nuts for nut

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
Buy Walter Harrison`s Premier Parrot Mix from Northern Parrots

also are these the same as the harrison brand i get??

was thinking of getting these for nut as like a treat so instead of the pellets an nutri berries have these in the cage, but there are sun flower seeds an i was wondering as she has less out of cage time (min 3hrs a day) was it a good idea??

oh nut is sooo much more handle-able now :21:

today when i was prep-in tea she was rather excited! an then when we had a bath, she was glad to be with us etc, an as for tea time, well she landed on my head to get nearer as i plated food!!! lol but she went strait into her sleep cage as thats where she has her tea, before goin to bed :D

she even had a sleep on me, this after noon after work and then it was play time etc:09:

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
This looks like the same mix Merlin loves. When we got him he was eating pellets & this mix, my husband was doing the feeding to sweeten him up & I didnt notice when he stopped eating pellets & started eating this only. I don't know the requirements for a sengal, do they require more fat than a amazon? I wouldn't chance her deciding that she like this better, she seems as stubborn as Merlin. I'm glad you found out how to sweeten her temper, its not fun living w/a mad bird. lol

OP
suebee

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lol when she is mad is is mental!!! but i was thinking as nuts caged more its better not to allow her to much high calorie foods! shame cos she does like peeling foods lol

she's still subborn over some things, especially her food!! she tried fishing a sweet from my son's lips today! he thought it funny, but i reminded him how she would have fished it out a month ago!!! through his cheeks!! lol so stop openning/eating sweets in front of her!

LoveMauiGus

Jun 14, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Maui - Sun Conure,
Gus - Yellow Collared Macaw
I'm glad she isnt so naughty anymore, I remember your posts about the fly-in attacks, silly nut!

Most Reactions