Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Last night Steven and I were in the kitchen chatting away, :grey: was playing on her playpen. We were teasing each other, Steven was being ugly to me
vahidrk1.gif
I turned around punched him gently and said softly to him "you little Bast..d" I only said it to him once.

Anyway :grey: was on her feeding perch in the kitchen this morning , I was recording her on my cell. and walked out the kitchen as I do when I am recording her.

I just watched the recording now, guess what she said :eek:
Stevie boy is a little bast..d hey :rolleyes: she said it about 5 times

NOW WHAT DO I DO :eek:

Me and my "bird brain"
306.gif

Last edited:

madparrotwoman

Jun 29, 2010
Media
Plymouth, UK
Parrots
CAG
hahns macaw
pmsl that is soooo funny but you should've known better lol

The best thing I can suggest is see if it happens again and if it does try to repeat it but change the word slightly to something similar like "bad lad" or something lol

Sorry to laugh rofl

natalie

Feb 8, 2010
Media
Albums
Upstate NY
Parrots
Blue and Gold Macaw & Cockatiel
lol! That is funny .... Your little baby is too smart. I agree, try changing it to something nicer and see if she catches on.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Good idea MP. Lets see now what would sound like Stevie is........... How about Stevie boy is a little faster.

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
How about Stevie boy is a Jedi master?
Barbara

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Stevie boy is a Jedi master?

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
Last night Steven and I were in the kitchen chatting away, :grey: was playing on her playpen. We were teasing each other, Steven was being ugly to me
vahidrk1.gif
I turned around punched him gently and said softly to him "you little Bast..d" I only said it to him once.

Anyway :grey: was on her feeding perch in the kitchen this morning , I was recording her on my cell. and walked out the kitchen as I do when I am recording her.

I just watched the recording now, guess what she said :eek:
Stevie boy is a little bast..d hey :rolleyes: she said it about 5 times

NOW WHAT DO I DO :eek:

Me and my "bird brain"
306.gif

At least she's not dropping the "F" bomb!!!! roflmao that's so funny!!

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
alls i can say is it serves you right potty mouth :p....lol, i agree, ignore it when she says that word, don't scold her and try and get her to say something else to distract her from it, maybe not something that rhymes tho, something familiar like hello or mishkas a pretty bird ect, hopefuly she'll forget the bad phrase in time, we can hope anyway.......:)

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Well, I have to say that is really funny...although I can see why you don't want her saying that every day.

Fred used to "tell himself off" viciously every day when we first got him. No, NO NO! Get in! GET IN!!! It was really pathetic, and very loud. I actually felt the need to explain to the neighbours that it is a bird, and not me! Here's what I did...Every time he started it, I said I love you, Freddie. I continued this every day...He still does it a little but it never gets to the level that he used to....

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Shame, Ant... You and your potty mouth Lol

Remember to be careful about what you say around Mishka. She picks up on everything! Need I remind you of the 'Oh shower' incident? :D

Logan

Aug 6, 2010
Media
Oklahoma
Parrots
Cockatiel,
Triton Cockatoo,
Blue & Gold Macaw,
African Grey Parrot,
2 Hahns Macaws.
LOL! Too funny!

My Grey says, "god damnit," and S.O.B., not to mention calling others, "fu**ers!"

Oh, but how we love Buddy, if you get the spray bottle out on him he'll cuss you out and yell no. He hates that thing!

They really are smart animals! For sure!

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
pmsl that is soooo funny but you should've known better lol

The best thing I can suggest is see if it happens again and if it does try to repeat it but change the word slightly to something similar like "bad lad" or something lol

Sorry to laugh rofl

I was laughing yesterday when I saw the video BUT
2i8d4ao.gif
today is another story

I had better come up with a plan AND QUICKLY :rolleyes:

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Good idea MP. Lets see now what would sound like Stevie is........... How about Stevie boy is a little faster.

Will try ANYTHING
So far this morning it's Stevie is a little bast..r hey
the doggies are..........
Mommy is ................

LoL even Mishka is a .............................
245.gif

I have to work quickly on this one

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Well, I have to say that is really funny...although I can see why you don't want her saying that every day.

Fred used to "tell himself off" viciously every day when we first got him. No, NO NO! Get in! GET IN!!! It was really pathetic, and very loud. I actually felt the need to explain to the neighbours that it is a bird, and not me! Here's what I did...Every time he started it, I said I love you, Freddie. I continued this every day...He still does it a little but it never gets to the level that he used to....

Never mind her saying that everyday IT'S ALL DAY :eek:

Fred must GET IN :D Please listen to him
164.gif

Most Reactions