Oliver The Torpedo

Jasmine333

Dec 7, 2019
Media
Oklahoma
Parrots
Green and Yellow Male Budgie
I call Oliver the torpedo because of what he's doing daily. He has been let out of the cage regularly for a while now It began as an occasional treat but now it's daily, in spite of the apt. saying birds must stay in the cage at all times.

Oliver's cage is in my room near a window, across from the bed. So, when he comes out he'll fly very fast passing just barely left of my head, sometimes going all the way around back of my head, all the while just touching my head, then back to the cage. He does this a dozen times or more in just one outing. Of course when he's done and he's back home I close his cage door and make him stay in a while.

I've had him nearly five months and he still won't let me touch/hold him, or get on my hand or shoulder, but he will fly at me. Little wisecrack or what!?!?

OP
Jasmine333

Jasmine333

Dec 7, 2019
Media
Oklahoma
Parrots
Green and Yellow Male Budgie
As long as he can steer clear of my eyes, and so far he has.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Try this with 500 grams of Amazon doing the head buzzing flybys.

It comes down to a joy of flying and it clearly states that you are liked far more than disliked! If disliked, they would naturally head for the highest point and stay there. So, you're not being hated-on by far.

Let your torpedo fly! It uses energy and Oliver just may surprise you by landing on you! After all hope springs eternal!

Most Reactions