Omg!! I think chichi is a.....girl!!

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

💛Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.💛
So today chichi was rubbing HIS butt against my lovebird, Sebastian, whom of which is only 5 months old. He was like backing up to him and it looked like he wanted him to mount him....well...her? The previous owner told me when he got him from a breeder, she told him that chichi was a boy...they sat close on the play gym and preened each other for hours so I guess they like each other but do you think he is really a she??

If so, how do I adjust to that? Lol he will need a more suitable name.

Oh my...it's like my teenager just came out of the closet! Haha.

Advice?

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
If they're in the mood they'll rub against anything, like a toy or even your hand...

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

Even boys??

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
Even boys??

I would like to know if boys do that as well because my Sun is supposed to be a boy and he does that to my hand on occasion and I was beginnning to wonder if he was a "she".

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
i guess a DNA test is the only way to find out. but either way, I think chichi is a great name :)

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
How old is Chichi now? I read that birds can bond to the same sex regardles.

And yes, Chichi is a cute name :)

Trina

Jun 23, 2012
Nashville tn
Parrots
Screech - Sun Conure
Gitana - Eclectus
Boys do it to, my conure is DNA tested he's a boy and if he is pet the wrong way he will try to rub his self on your hand. Even if its a she chichi is a good name i wouldnt change it

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
Birds keep all their equipment inside, so sex is a vent to vent thing... I think there are differences in "soliciting" behavior but if it were a sure way to tell the sex of the bird I think DNA testing wouldn't be so popular!

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

He is 2. :) he really loves Sebastian. I'm just going to assume he's a boy because today he tried to mount him. And he was rubbing his booty on a perch lol. Sooo either way chichi is a great name. :) and he says it so I'd best keep it. I'm afraid to DNA him. I don't plan to breed him so it won't ever matter. :) I do however am thinking about a sun conure. Just kicking rocks tho. We will see.

Most Reactions

Latest posts