OP
D

Danigrrl39

Aug 24, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
Parrots
Momma to Mochi- Cinnamon Green Cheeked Conure. Hatched 4/18/16
And the new baby, Romeo- Hahn's Macaw. Hatched 4/26/18
Ok, I have stellar, but not so stellar, news. The bad news first. Im changing vets and going where the aviary takes their fids. The good news, theyre going to pay for our next exam. Now on to the even best news, the Vet called me, apologizing profusely. Romeos test should have never been marked as positive for polyoma!!! After all the panic, the tears, and the love and support, not to mention convos with several aviary experts, Romeo is going to have a long, hopefully uneventful, life!! When I got the call, i was beaming from ear to ear, and couldnt be happier. His bloodwork was just indicitave of a super young bird. Hes chewing on me as I type this. YAY!!

TiredOldMan

Apr 24, 2018
Media
South Central Texas
Parrots
CAG Hen-Gracie age unknown, U2 Rooster-Anakin 13YO
Ok, I have stellar, but not so stellar, news. The bad news first. Im changing vets and going where the aviary takes their fids. The good news, theyre going to pay for our next exam. Now on to the even best news, the Vet called me, apologizing profusely. Romeos test should have never been marked as positive for polyoma!!! After all the panic, the tears, and the love and support, not to mention convos with several aviary experts, Romeo is going to have a long, hopefully uneventful, life!! When I got the call, i was beaming from ear to ear, and couldnt be happier. His bloodwork was just indicitave of a super young bird. Hes chewing on me as I type this. YAY!!

I am soooooo happy for you both:D

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Thank goodness - so happy that this is the outcome! Painful process to go through, but a wonderful ending.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Wonderful news, just such a pity you had to go through all that needless agony!

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
That is really, really great!

Though I do not understand how they could have mangled the test "because he is a young bird" - but in this case: who cares, you little one is okay \o/

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Yay! Happy dancing for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts