Only pooped 2x today

Carla0428

Dec 28, 2023
Parrots
Sun Conure
I just got my Sun Conure, Santa, 3 weeks ago. He's been popping throughout the day until today. I noticed that he has been chewing on the floor of his hut (that he came with) so I took it out late this afternoon and put a new one in. He's barely pooped today! Is this stress from a new hut?

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Is your bird eating normally? If stress is causing him not to eat then it could be the new hut that is the cause of less poop, but if he ingested a piece of the old hut while chewing on it, that could also cause impaction which prevents waste from moving through his system. I would watch him carefully and if he seems sick at all, a visit to an avian vet, if you have one, may be in order. Hope your little Santa is ok ❤️

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I'd look more to the food bowls and treats offered he might be pooping in an area you don't know and don't want him to poop. Might be behind a curtain or door or something.

Most Reactions

Latest posts