Opinions about Bird Tricks food and Best Bird Food

CutiePi

Sep 18, 2015
Media
Hi,
I'm looking to improve my blue-headed pionus' eating. He currently eats chop (veggies, grain, some fruit, muxed with 1/8 tsp red palm oil) as a separate "wet" meal, also Caitec oven-baked bites (as his pellet) mixed with a bunch of foods from Origins: Bird-Delicious Best Bird Food (Phoenix, Arizona) as his "dry" food that he has access to all day. I know that most parrots will eat only part of what they are served, which is the case with Darwin, my 6 year old, especially the dry food. Anyway, just wondering what people who are familiar with these brands, including the Caitec Oven Bites, think of them. Bird Tricks seems to have massively expanded into almost all aspects of parrot care, judging from their YouTube videos.
Thanks!
Judy and CutiePi

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
Hi,
I'm looking to improve my blue-headed pionus' eating. He currently eats chop (veggies, grain, some fruit, muxed with 1/8 tsp red palm oil) as a separate "wet" meal, also Caitec oven-baked bites (as his pellet) mixed with a bunch of foods from Origins: Bird-Delicious Best Bird Food (Phoenix, Arizona) as his "dry" food that he has access to all day. I know that most parrots will eat only part of what they are served, which is the case with Darwin, my 6 year old, especially the dry food. Anyway, just wondering what people who are familiar with these brands, including the Caitec Oven Bites, think of them. Bird Tricks seems to have massively expanded into almost all aspects of parrot care, judging from their YouTube videos.
Thanks!
Judy and CutiePi
By reading the ingredients Bird Tricks pellets are just TOPS pellets rebranded for them. As for their cook book and chop recipes. You can find a ton of chop and birdie bread recipes on line for free. I have never feed Caitec Oven Bites or looked at the ingredients so I don't have an opinion on those. It has been said before and I will say it again the best pellet is one your bird will eat. I stay away from the ones that have sugar and artificial colors. My biggest issue with Bird Tricks is that they believe in with holding food.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Bird tricks, is, as been noted, only re-bagging another company's products and charging WAY too much for the privilege.

Most Reactions

Latest posts