Opinions on an indoor aviary

OP
sunshine.within

sunshine.within

Sep 19, 2018
So there’s exactly one inch between the bars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
You’ve certainly caught my attention here. Id love something like this for Parker.

tanyamitchellrn

Nov 17, 2017
Northwest Illinois
Parrots
Kaya Cockatoo, EJ Amazon, Pepper African Grey, Casey IRN, Glen Sun Conure
So excited for you! Now we need more to your story! Pictures of perches and how you "decorated" it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
WORD!

you can do it :)
I always need inspiration for 'interior decorating' a large cage.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Ooooo! Congratulations! You (and your bird, of course) are going to have so much fun filling that excellent cage with toys and resources! Consider getting plenty of sisal rope in various diameters for perches and swings. A cargo net? Ladders of varying lengths in wood, rope and wire? Circular swings? Hanging ropes? Toys that hang from the ceiling (balls, rattles etc)? Oh! The possibilities are endless! Have fun! :)

OP
sunshine.within

sunshine.within

Sep 19, 2018
I will be posting pictures as soon as I add a couple of more fabric perches. We got her one and she loved it at first sight, so she’s getting more.

As of right now, she has toy bins, an old drawer full of wooden blocks, her wooden perch stand, a fabric perch, hanging chain links where I weave lettuce leaves for her to forage, and her travel carrier, which she loves, to give her a sense of security.

Bianca can’t fly so she climbs up the sides of the aviary in order to reach her perch. Eventually, I want to make it so that she can go from perch to perch without having to climb up the metal part.

When the time comes to move back to a small NYC apartment, in a few months, I have decided to remove part of the aviary and shrink it down to about a half. It’s still going to be a really big space for her. Besides, I have a feeling that she still isn’t completely fond of having such a large space all to herself.... because she has to be difficult about everything!

Last edited:
OP
sunshine.within

sunshine.within

Sep 19, 2018
Here’s a picture of Bianca’s pied à terre :D We just bought two more fabric perches today, which I’ll mount in a way that she can walk from perch to perch without having to hang on to the metal too much.

fb35f61a9ee39192b19f76e7d717cdbc.jpg

Most Reactions