Overbonded with the dog

Arachnidaes

Dec 23, 2013
France
Parrots
Maximilian Pionus (Tango)
So, I have a bit of a problem. At first I admit it was cute and sweet but now it has gotten out of control. My boy is overbonded with the dog. Now whenever the dog leaves the room Tango has a freak out and I'm always forced to give the timeout under the cover. But it's becoming so frequent now it's ridiculous. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of putting him into another room of the house, but the only one left is the bedroom which would leave him a little secluded most of the time. I thought that the living area was the best, he can see the kitchen and most things from where he is. But it really is insane now....:52:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Oh my, I dealt with that before. Willie got super attached to the dog during mating period and it was unbearable. I stopped letting them visit one another, they see each other but that's about it, I don't let them have any interaction at all. It eventually stopped. Good luck!

OP
Arachnidaes

Arachnidaes

Dec 23, 2013
France
Parrots
Maximilian Pionus (Tango)
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Reluctantly I've moved him up to the bedroom. I'll set up a little play area when I bring him down for family time. At least the cat sleeps up there so he won't completely be alone. And no worries about overbonding with the cat. There is no trust in that relationship. I'm hoping it will work. Generally I have noticed with change of scenery, height changes or even a really short wing clip can really make a difference with crazy over confident parrot behavior. I'm glad someone else has had this experience. I've searched for months looking for answers online and it just didn't seem to exist. Thank you for that.:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts